Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Zwick...

So....

I got a call from this guy the other day asking me if I would be interested in looking at signing a bodybuilding/supplement (see: modeling) contract......

While I'm completely stoked to be offered a chance to do something like this I'm curious if anyone here has dealt with him/or this type of situation. I love bodybuilidng but I'm not 100% sure I want my entire life to revolve around it at this point - the way Mr. Zwick made it sound I would make a lot of money but would have to be willing to do photo shoots a LOT etc. I'm waiting on getting a copy of his contract by the end of the week and if it's something I still want to consider I will most likely find an attorney who can help me go through it for things I might end up hanging myself with if I don't.

Can anyone here please give me some insight into what I might have to look forward to/fear by getting into this? Has anyone here done this sort of thing? Has anyone worked directly for the guy etc?

only thing i can say is, its all about the money. i would need to know exactly how much money i would be getting and what exactly i would have to do. would travel be involved? would they pay the expenses? how long after the shoot would i be getting payed? etc.. etc..

dont let people bullshit and dont just go along and agree. make sure you have everything set in stone so there will be no BS later on down the road. if this guy is like most of the dirtbags in the bodybuilding/fitness industry then i would suggest you approach with extreme caution.

Comment

not that this has much to do with you but just to give you an idea. a good friend of mine is a judge and promoter in the NPC and IFBB. he hasn't been payed in over 4 months...

Comment

Yeah - I am dead set on getting an attorney of some sort to go over the contract with a fine tooth comb - I refuse to get sucked into something that ends up hurting me instead of benefiting me....

LOL at the judging thing - I was invited to guest judge in a pretty big show in AL last summer/fall and it ended up being the biggest mess I've ever been involved in - the head of the NPC in that state is an incredibly smart guy but the way his "team" ran things I was completely taken aback :mad:...

Comment

How did this guy get your number in the first place???

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
            How did this guy get your number in the first place???
            I know a guy who he promoted a long time ago and he apparently called him telling me to give me a buzz...

Comment

Hey fog is that you kissing FB in that pic? :P

Comment

Whether or not you choose to sign, congratulations on being considered. The time that I've been a member you've really seemed to make good, steady progress. Keep up the good work...I know you will.

Comment

Congrats bro. Does that mean you have to stay in contest shape all year long??? If so, there is no way i could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                    Congrats bro. Does that mean you have to stay in contest shape all year long??? If so, there is no way i could do that.

He looks contest shape all year long :wacko:

Comment

get an attorney and do your deal with a contract.

Comment

Lou Zwick from back in the day! He had something to do with a BBing Show called American Muscle on ESPN. He saw me in a couple of shows in 90 and 91. We played phone tag alot, nothing ever came of it. Good Luck and be CAREFUL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone View Post
                          Whether or not you choose to sign, congratulations on being considered. The time that I've been a member you've really seemed to make good, steady progress. Keep up the good work...I know you will.
                          Thanks bro - means a lot....

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                            Yeah - a fear of mine for sure :hang:

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                            He looks contest shape all year long :wacko:
                            You're just biased sweetie - love MUST be blind :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by bigjd69 View Post
                              Lou Zwick from back in the day! He had something to do with a BBing Show called American Muscle on ESPN. He saw me in a couple of shows in 90 and 91. We played phone tag alot, nothing ever came of it. Good Luck and be CAREFUL!!!
                              Yep - I've done a bit more homework and he's been around for quite some time with very few negative things said about him so far - we've kept in touch but not by phone lately (mine is a PIECE :mad: )...

Comment

Working...
                              X