How to determine you think you are 'ready'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine you think you are 'ready'

to do a competition, et all? Do you go by general look / size / bodyfat /etc?

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
    to do a competition, et all? Do you go by general look / size / bodyfat /etc?
    go to a local show. then go home and look in the mirror and ask yourself, "am i ready".

simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      go to a local show. then go home and look in the mirror and ask yourself, "am i ready".

simple as that.
      I'm going to my buddies show this weekend and there is one here in late July that I am intending to enter. However, I have trouble critiquing myself from looks in the mirror.

Comment

Why not post up some pics and get everyone's feedback? I think it is a lot easier to get real critiques from people you don't know versus people you know, that might just tell you what you want to hear.
        Either way whatever you choose, good luck in July.

Comment

I'm going to my buddies show this weekend and there is one here in late July that I am intending to enter. However, I have trouble critiquing myself from looks in the mirror.
          post some pics i am sure you know that everyone hear will be brutally honest

Comment

July? That only gives you 8 or 9 weeks to diet. You'd need to be in pretty phenomenal shape already.

Comment

Agreed with all of the above go see the show see how you compare and post some pictures and let us critique.

Comment

However, I have trouble critiquing myself from looks in the mirror.
                just go to a show and see what the guys look like. you will know if you look anything like them or not. trust me. just go and watch.

Comment

Went to the show. The presentation was embarrasing and the show was so unorganized. I hope that is not a fequent occurance.

I would say that I'm probably not going to do a show after seeing the top guys in this one. I don't believe I am as proportional as the overall top 3 winners.

On a side note I did train at this awesome gym in allentown pa where the show was. Jay cutler was there and I got to talk to him for 10 minutes. That was pretty cool. He was the guest poser at the show.

Comment

Went to the show. The presentation was embarrasing and the show was so unorganized. I hope that is not a fequent occurance.
                    lol@ you.

that is how every bodybuilding show is, even pro shows. only show that is run well is arnold classic.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      lol@ you.

that is how every bodybuilding show is, even pro shows. only show that is run well is arnold classic.
                      that is such a shame. You work so hard and the people putting on the show don't even respect that.

Comment

that is such a shame. You work so hard and the people putting on the show don't even respect that.
                        the people running it are always dirt bags. they cut corners and take as much as they can.

Comment

You should read some of my rants. :D

Comment

I'm glad I went, because if I had never seen a show before I competed...the lack of organization would piss me off and throw me off. I hate lack of organization and poor presentation quality.

Comment

Don't be discouraged though. Some local shows are put together well, just because of experience and size. You wouldn't be jumping into anything big anyway - give it a shot :)

Comment

Working...
                              X