torn muscles and judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torn muscles and judging

this guy Pateracki seems like a nice guy and lots of muscle but if you torn a muscle how can you hope to win the big comps?

see from 12.50 his right bicept

Ryan Pateracki Trains Chest 1 1/2 Weeks from the 2009 NPC USA!

i hate video players that don't let you skip ahead. i have to let the whole thing load and then go to the 12 minute mark.

and yea, i agree, bad torn muscle that isnt fixed = bodybuilding is over. pec tears look the worst.

Comment

I'm not trying to diss the guy, he looks amazing to me and I'm sure he'd blow most people away on size and conditioning, but a judge simply cannot ignore that its so obvious. Surely he should take time off and get surgery as he's only real young still

Comment

i think after a certain period it cant be fixed. can it?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          i think after a certain period it cant be fixed. can it?
          Correct, a guy I knew tore his bicep and he only had a certain amount of time to decide or it was too late.

Comment

I wonder why he did not get that fixed? Maybe too much money, or maybe does not like surgery.

Jarek Dymek tore his bicep in WSM and the next year you could not even tell, it was fixed perfectly all he had was a small scar.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
              Correct, a guy I knew tore his bicep and he only had a certain amount of time to decide or it was too late.
              Was it too late to fix at all or would the surgery just be much more extensive to repair and rehab 10X longer? I'm not trying to be argumentative (ahem, Bouncer) it's just that it doesn't seem like anything is impossible these days outside of repairing nerves.

I knew a girl at my last school that had a torn ACL for 2 years. She was able to get it repaired, it took more than a normal ACL repair and parts of the rehab were much more difficult. But then again some parts were easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastafarian View Post
                Was it too late to fix at all or would the surgery just be much more extensive to repair and rehab 10X longer? I'm not trying to be argumentative (ahem, Bouncer) it's just that it doesn't seem like anything is impossible these days outside of repairing nerves.

I knew a girl at my last school that had a torn ACL for 2 years. She was able to get it repaired, it took more than a normal ACL repair and parts of the rehab were much more difficult. But then again some parts were easier.
                I cannot say for sure I am just going of what the guy told me.

I know knee injuries are always repairable becasuse they can take achilles tendons from a cadaver (or however you say it) cut them into strips and use it for ligaments, over time the body converts it into ligament tissue. I kno this for fact because after a dirtbike crash my friend had to have it done.

Comment

Working...
                X