Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BBing changing

For the gayer
    Last edited by Mr I; 07-31-11, 01:12 PM.

WTF? :ghey:

Comment

that kind of shit and much worse goes on all the time. its a dirty fucken environment.

Comment

Kai always looked like a homo to me.

Comment

I am going to bathe in clorox now

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            that kind of shit and much worse goes on all the time. its a dirty fucken environment.
            I'm not talking about the G4P freaks its just this whole willingness to take the easy route and sell yourself out for photoshoots and appearances like that. I mean they probably got paid the same as they would for a guest spot at a bbing show and some would say why not. I say bullshit get some self respect, all that hard work they put in only to be some gay guys wank poster. Nothing against gays but that isn't what bbing is about to me and those two guys aren't gay.

Its just an example of the whole lazy sell out to a sugar daddy idleness thats crept in and in sucks. Its the last thing bbing needs. Dorian didn't need it, nor did ronnie, nor does jay, they are the role models to me

Comment

That was gay. WTF?

Comment

to be honest imo bodybuilding as a whole is dying .. its a thankless fucking sport ,, the shit you have to put in your body and the shit you have to put your body through to play on a level playing field is crazy ...

i was so soured at the last comp i did i may not compete again .. there is a lot of dirty shit behind the scenes trust me -- politics etc etc etc

we were treated like shit ,, small room , standing room only ,no fucking pumpup area nothing to pumpup with ... you get charged for everything and they don't so much as give you a bag of shit , a fucking t shirt nothing .. people come to watch the competitors but the fucking promoter could give a fuck about the competitors .. i will never do another show in Manhattan ...

if i do another one i will do it where gary udit is the promoter great guy who cares about the competitors ..

now my rant

bodybuilding is the worse sport imo the absolute amount of shit you do to your body is disgusting when you sit down and think about it .. scares the shit out of my wife ..slin, t3 , clenbuterol, fatburners, diuretics, your on all that shit coming into a show .. when you lay down and can watch your chest move from the absolute speed of which your heart is beating , when you can feel your heart palpitate --

backstage having people have to pull my legs out strait because they have completely locked up from the diuretics ,, my wife and my sister helping me up out of the car because of locking up , most excruciating pain , fingers curling up etc etc -- the excruciating cramps you get while going through mandatory's -- everyone has salt close by ... yup you look fucking great onstage but reality is a lot of guys are 2 steps away from death .. someone dies almost every year backstage ,, not from steroids !!! steroids are the mild part of the bodybuilding game .. most of the time its the diuretics ... the ripped dry look is what is most sought after by judges so competitors go through absolute hell trying to achieve it and for what .. a fucking trophy ... fact is a very few guys actually make a living from bodybuilding ... most are killing themselves trying to follow a dream in a thankless dying sport .. i can go on and on about this shit !!!

i tell guys all the time if you don't do it for yourself then don't compete ... there's no money in bodybuilding .. you have to love the sport and for me the sport is growing old so the effort and line i have to walk to compete in it is wearing out its welcome

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
                  to be honest imo bodybuilding as a whole is dying .. its a thankless fucking sport ,, the shit you have to put in your body and the shit you have to put your body through to play on a level playing field is crazy ...

i was so soured at the last comp i did i may not compete again .. there is a lot of dirty shit behind the scenes trust me -- politics etc etc etc

we were treated like shit ,, small room , standing room only ,no fucking pumpup area nothing to pumpup with ... you get charged for everything and they don't so much as give you a bag of shit , a fucking t shirt nothing .. people come to watch the competitors but the fucking promoter could give a fuck about the competitors .. i will never do another show in Manhattan ...

if i do another one i will do it where gary udit is the promoter great guy who cares about the competitors ..

now my rant

bodybuilding is the worse sport imo the absolute amount of shit you do to your body is disgusting when you sit down and think about it .. scares the shit out of my wife ..slin, t3 , clenbuterol, fatburners, diuretics, your on all that shit coming into a show .. when you lay down and can watch your chest move from the absolute speed of which your heart is beating , when you can feel your heart palpitate --

backstage having people have to pull my legs out strait because they have completely locked up from the diuretics ,, my wife and my sister helping me up out of the car because of locking up , most excruciating pain , fingers curling up etc etc -- the excruciating cramps you get while going through mandatory's -- everyone has salt close by ... yup you look fucking great onstage but reality is a lot of guys are 2 steps away from death .. someone dies almost every year backstage ,, not from steroids !!! steroids are the mild part of the bodybuilding game .. most of the time its the diuretics ... the ripped dry look is what is most sought after by judges so competitors go through absolute hell trying to achieve it and for what .. a fucking trophy ... fact is a very few guys actually make a living from bodybuilding ... most are killing themselves trying to follow a dream in a thankless dying sport .. i can go on and on about this shit !!!

i tell guys all the time if you don't do it for yourself then don't compete ... there's no money in bodybuilding .. you have to love the sport and for me the sport is growing old so the effort and line i have to walk to compete in it is wearing out its welcome
                  Amen brother. All true words.

I haven't competed since 2007 and I don't think I will be ever again but check this out...I did three shows between december 2006 and july 2007, during each show there were more then 300 competitors, they were charging 45 bucks for an entry fee and almost 100 competitors competed in novice and open class at the same time, so basically they made $45 from 400 competitors. That equals out to be $18.000 they charge $20 per person entry fee for the morning show and $35 for the evening show I alone brought in about 10 friends and family member so watch the show so if they have total of 200 people in the audience for the morning and 200 for the evening it comes out to $11.000 for the ticket sales plus there are all the vendors who are paying npc to be there at the shows to sell merchandise.

So basically these promoters are making about $40k per weekend during the contest season and there is a show almost every weekend from march till december. Can you imagine the amount of money these promoters are making?
                  even if there is a show every other weekend in ten months there are 20 weekends $40k a weekend x 20 weeks= $800.000 and how much of that are the athletes seeing? none. Like you said just a shitty trophy not even a tshirt.

I don't know anyplace else but here in so cal the biggest promoter is John Lindsay he is behind almost every show and he doesn't do shit for the sport.

I almost forgot every athlete has to purchase $95 a year license to compete in an NPC event. so add that to the total too.

Comment

I don't think I will ever compete; instead I just like the lifestyle of going to the gym and getting huge; I don't know how brutal the pumping iron era was but it seesm back then it was healthier. I would like to hear some comments about those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                      I just like the lifestyle of going to the gym and getting huge
                      exactly, that's what it should be about.

the love of training, getting big, eating, friends you make, even steroids.. thats what it is all about.

i really got into it the first time i watched pumping iron when i was like 15. i remember seeing how much fun those guys were having living that life and I knew i wanted that. not so much that competition side of it but the fun they were having in that life of bodybuilding.
                      Last edited by Bouncer; 04-04-10, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post

now my rant

That is fucking horrible man. All that for nothing :pissed:

Comment

the love of training, getting big, eating, friends you make, even steroids.. thats what it is all about.

i really got into it the first time i watched pumping iron when i was like 15. i remember seeing how much fun those guys were having living that life and I knew i wanted that. not so much that competition side of it but the fun they were having in that life of bodybuilding.
                          :thumup:

Comment

That's why I haven't competed since 1995 lolz!

Comment

yup and that what i am getting back too !!!! competing actually took the joy out of what i love the most and thats training , getting big , enjoying life ..

Comment

Working...
                              X