Quest for striated glutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for striated glutes

So I'm at the 9 weeks out point. Bodyweight is about 240#. After a couple weeks of cardio (AM cardio, empty stomach for 20m), some of the water is beginning to push out a bit and things are beginning to separate. I switched coaches this year to learn new things. I am 12-15lbs heavier at 9 weeks out then I was at 9 weeks out last time.

I've never been able to get striated glutes. Probably a combo of not having enough mass and not being hard/conditioned enough. Out on the West Coast, in most cases conditioning wins shows at the local level. I don't necessarily agree when a 226lb shredded stringy bb beats a big black 260lb superheavy just bc the super is a bit more watery. With that being said, I guarantee the judges look straight at the glutes to see who's best conditioned.

Thoughts?

Lunges? Stairmaster squeezing them every rep? Keep trying to squat as heavy as possible and build it all up? Diet harder? Aldactone? Lasix?

diet is the only thing I can suggest. I dont compete so I never used any water pill,ect but i am sure you have and know how to use them. I m sure genetics will play a big role also. I carry any extra fat in the love handle area. No matter what I do it stays there I have to diet downa dn do insane cardio for it to even shrink a lil. everywhere else will be very lean just not there. your glutes might be the same way?

Comment

Pics

Comment

hate to be that guy to ruin the day but that is largely genetic.

some guys can have a ripped ass weeks out from a show and the next guy can be fucken pealed and dry but no ripped ass.

flex wheeler and ronnie are the easiest most known example. ronnie's ass was ripped even in the off season. flex never had it even the day of the show.

honestly, unless you are perfect and everything is 100% spot on, its kind of a dumb thing to be worries about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          Pics
          Soon...for now...
          Attached Files

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
            X