Learning lessons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning lessons...

So I did my 5th show this last weekend. I got eaten alive. I showed up over dieted, flat/depleted, yet sweating profusely onstage. Sweet huh.

Last year I worked with an IFBB pro under George Farah. The diet was high carb, moderate protein, low fat. Nothing extreme regarding diet. Training volume was high, cardio volume was low. Drugs were low/moderate. He brought me in at a fairly decently conditioned 212.

This year I worked with another IFBB pro under Hany Rambod. The diet was moderate carb, high protein, moderate fat. This diet (off season and pre contest) was very extreme. Training volume was high, cardio pre contest was very high. Drugs were excessive throughout the offseason and pre contest. This guy brought me in at the same weight, maybe slightly tighter but flat.

Some things I learned through MY journey:

It's very important for me to stay lean year around so I won't have to crash diet/cardio as hardcore. As an ectomorph, muscle does not want to stick especially when dieting hard. Also, if you get too far out of striking distance the skin becomes too thick to thin out come show time.

My body responds better to high carb, moderate protein, low fat. I can eat a shitload of clean carbs in the offseason and slowly peel them back to lean out with minimal cardio. I believe Keto is not for the ectomorph. Sure an ectomorph will lose fat but it's tough to hold onto muscle. This is how Dorian dieted and I am 100% convinced this is how I need to diet as well.

My body does not require that much cardio to get in shape. This year I did more than double the cardio of last year...for what?

No more carb depleting and loading the last week out. I'm just going to diet through the show and cut salt in half, not eliminating it completely.

Drugs aint shit. I can use half as much as this time and achieve the same results. One can only learn this through experience.

The best lesson of all that I have learned time and time again is that there are no tricks. No magic. No last minute things you are going to do that will make you step onstage looking like Phil Heath or some shit.

Bulking under Farah's guy was 800mg test/600mg deca/50mg dbol per day and bulking with Hany's guy was double that for test, 500 tren, 100 or 150mg abomb per day. I felt much better and level headed on the test/deca/dbol than the test/tren/abomb for bulking. Both had GH at 6iu/day.

Cutting under Farah's guy was like 350mg prop/wk, 350 tren/wk, 350 mast/wk, 40mcg clen, 40mg nolva, 40mg var. Cutting under Hany's guy was 1200ishmg prop/wk, 500eq, 1 win tab with every meal, 50mcg T3, 1 proviron with every meal, nolva 40mg. Both had GH at 6iu/day.

As much as I suffered this prep I am also convinced that genetics play the biggest role in the sport of bb.

So what's the gameplan now?
    This week eat everything in sight. No gym. Walking dogs only. Natural for at least 6 months (nolva for a month or so per bouncer and incredible's recommendations). So next week natural diet and training begin. Fun :rolleyes:

Great post. You got it right, stay lean, high carbs and protein, low fat. I been preaching that shit for years now.

Agree 100% on the drug front also. At some point higher doses just cause to many sides and the bigger issue really become a mental fuck. Low dose a couple compounds so that they all compliment each other. No need for grams of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      Great post. You got it right, stay lean, high carbs and protein, low fat. I been preaching that shit for years now.

Agree 100% on the drug front also. At some point higher doses just cause to many sides and the bigger issue really become a mental fuck. Low dose a couple compounds so that they all compliment each other. No need for grams of shit.
      Funny. I read this post and immediately called my wife and asked her. "What prep was more difficult to live with, last year or this year." She said, "take a look around the house and you tell me!" Then she went on to say I was much more sane and mentally stable last year. Good point Bouncer I really didn't realize how mentally fucked up I was this prep bro, and it was largely due to the heavy androgens.

Back in the mid 2000's on ology I think I remember you saying you competed back in the day? Do you have a handful of shows under your belt or does most of your knowlege come from reading or trial/error or?

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
        Funny. I read this post and immediately called my wife and asked her. "What prep was more difficult to live with, last year or this year." She said, "take a look around the house and you tell me!" Then she went on to say I was much more sane and mentally stable last year. Good point Bouncer I really didn't realize how mentally fucked up I was this prep bro, and it was largely due to the heavy androgens.

Back in the mid 2000's on ology I think I remember you saying you competed back in the day? Do you have a handful of shows under your belt or does most of your knowlege come from reading or trial/error or?
        i could see it in your posts bro, your were mentally getting worse, sort of a dark place i guess you could say.

yea i did a couple shows but i found that i love everything about the bodybuilding lifestyle except for about 6 weeks before a show and the show itself. i dont like the people involved with the shows (creeps that have never worked out yet make all the money from the show), i dont like already being shredded yet full and then proceeding to diet away the muscle so you look a certain way under some light on a certain day. you look like skinny shit everywhere else except that day under those light. fuck outta here. i grew up watching pumping iron and thinking to myself, "look how great arnold looks in the gym, look how much fun he is having". then you see arnold on stage and all that full muscle is gone and he looks like a ripped stick figure compared to how he had looked month prior. i realized i always want to look like a bodybuilder that was about 4-6 weeks out. why put in so much work killing yourself to look worse? lol. sorry to rant bro.

Comment

I agree. Even Dorian himself said he looked his best at 3 weeks out. Pics of him 3-4 weeks out vs onstage are night and day.

That's why I'm so pissed. I fuckin suffered more than I ever have this prep for what? To go from 240 25mm triple pinch (6-8%) to 210 13mm triple pinch (3-5%) and to further fuck things up the last week and look like shit...again for what?

I don't aspire to become a pro. My only aspiration was to step on a USA or Nat'l stage but I'm going to reassess that goal after this show. This loss was very humbling. Thank God I guess.

Comment

Ya i hate to say i agree with Rado good posts. I never had any dreams to get on stage I just wanted to look good. but reading both of you guys talk about it i sure as hell glad i never tried it. I will give you props for just the dieting alone especially at the end. Gotta give your wife props also for sticking with you durring it,lol

Comment

Good post man

Comment

Working...
              X