Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Novice Show

Hey Guys

I'll be doin my first novice show in about 8 weeks roughly. Kinda stressfull but exciting at the same. Weight class im looking at competing in is under 70kg.

I know alot of u guys think this is super light. But this will give a nice idea of how it works and how to get there.

My current stats are 80kg bf% unknown.

I'll attach a pic so u guys can judge from there.

Looking for any helpfull tips or insight.

Thanx in advance
    ~Soul~
    Attached Files

honest input would to be to put on more mass. dont see the point in stepping on stage with that little amount of mass.

Comment

Agree with bouncer. You have to put on some more mass before stepping on the stage.

Comment

Props for posting pics bro. Keep up the good work. I suggest you seek out some help from a local bb near you. I would wait six to twelve months before competing and try to add some lbm. Even novice competitors are really big these days. That is if you want to do well. If you want to compete just to get onstage and dance around go ahead.

Comment

Thanx. I get what ur saying but this is the under 70kg category im shooting for. If u do put on more mass then i'll have to go for a higher caregory.

The idea is to compete under 70kg this year and then shoot for under 75kg next year and then up again the next year after that if possible.

The Novice show only has the following:
          65kg and under
          70kg and under
          75kg and under
          80kg and under

Hmmmm
          ~Soul~

Comment

How tall are you

Comment

Im about 170cm.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Soul~ View Post
                Thanx. I get what ur saying but this is the under 70kg category im shooting for. If u do put on more mass then i'll have to go for a higher caregory.

The idea is to compete under 70kg this year and then shoot for under 75kg next year and then up again the next year after that if possible.

The Novice show only has the following:
                65kg and under
                70kg and under
                75kg and under
                80kg and under

Hmmmm
                ~Soul~
                i guess i dont get the point of competing when your body doesnt look like a bodybuilder. right not you look like a highschool athlete type build.

eat, train hard, put on the size, hit the AAS etc and then go for it in a couple years.

Comment

Im about 170cm.
                  So you are 5'7" and 175lbs.? Say you are 10% bf. Meaning 155lbs of lbm if you were to dry out completely not sacrificing any muscle (which is tough).

How old are you bro? How long have you been training? Are you natural or chemically enhanced? How is your diet?

Comment

My issue with him competing is that he doesn't really even have abs in the pic and he is that skinny. Dieted down everything goes flat and the muscle you do have looks much smaller. Don't mean to sound like an ass but on stage you will look like a stick bro.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      My issue with him competing is that he doesn't really even have abs in the pic and he is that skinny. Dieted down everything goes flat and the muscle you do have looks much smaller. Don't mean to sound like an ass but on stage you will look like a stick bro.
                      I am as ectomorph as they come and understand completely. Your feedback is good. It stings but honest constructive feedback is the best feedback in bodybuilding.

I was asking about the age because he might be able to get his feet wet doing the teen division?

If not I would agree with Bouncer. Based on your conditioning, size, and stats I would try and add about 20+lbs of lean body mass before competing (even in novice).

Better to come correct in a year than compete thinking oh shit why did I do this?

Here is just one competitor that was a novice middleweight (your class) from a recent npc show here in cali

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        i clearly hear what ur saying and i was feeling the same but my guy got me convinced otherwise. My partner is Competing under 70kg aswell and he is quite thick. He looks about 10kg heavier then he is. I was told my muscle will fill out with the right components and carb ups. All input is welcome and i take no offence.

Thanx for ur honest opinion Bouncer.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                          So you are 5'7" and 175lbs.? Say you are 10% bf. Meaning 155lbs of lbm if you were to dry out completely not sacrificing any muscle (which is tough).

How old are you bro? How long have you been training? Are you natural or chemically enhanced? How is your diet?
                          I've come a far way tho. My weight before i started training was 50kg sub 10%bf. I train 3 years naturally and did my 1st cycle last year. As for the diet, its strict and i count every cal i take in.

Comment

I was told my muscle will fill out with the right components and carb ups.

Thanx for ur honest opinion Bouncer.
                            This is 100% false. There is no such thing as right components and carb ups. This is a myth.

With that said, it sounds like your heart is set on competing. I would encourage you to attend a local bb show asap or before the show you are targeting.

Comment

Working...
                            X