Arnold Classic is going to be lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Classic is going to be lame

Dennis Wolf joins the ranks of those who will skip the Arnold Classic. The tally also includes Branch Warren, Shawn Rhoden, Evan Centopani, Phil Heath, Kai Greene and Jay Cutler, all of whom claim to be preparing for a BRUTAL battle come 2013 Mr Olympia.

In my opinion, Wolf had the 2012 Arnold Classic in the bag. He had been preparing for that contest since November 2011. From then, Wolf had to maintain a relatively lean physique and not go into a deep off-season mode in order to come in sharp for the 2012 Mr Olympia. Failing to accomplish this, he went on to compete overseas, finally coming in a little sharper and winning the 2012 Prague Pro, thus stopping Shawn Rhoden's unprecedented winning streak.

With all that said and done, Wolf had been essentially dieting for a year. The need to take a break, get a good off-season and come in strong for the 2013 Mr Olympia is now his priority.

The official 2013 Arnold Classic list still is not out; however, we do know of a few that have already thrown their hat into the ring: Dexter Jackson, Ben Pakulski, Fouad Abiad, and Lionel Beyeke.

WOW. Thanks for the early heads up. I've been several times and it's always a good time w/so much going on. Last years was crazy. Absolutely packed from day 1 to finish. And i finally got my pic w/Monica Brant. Yeah! haha..I'll still go though.
    Lots of free stuff on the first day, and vendors give great deals on sunday.

Comment

they should all have to requalify for the O each yeast, would stop this

Comment

bodybuilding as a whole is a joke anymore .. all politics and supp company based .. no longer who is best shape show day its who has the most behind him on the inside politically and on the outside ie supp companies ..

thats why all the gay shit is dominating the scene shit like mens physique ..bunch of faggots in gay ass shorts that couldnt diet

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to this, I'd like tony freeman to win, supposed to be in great condition under DJ.

Otherwise Cedric or Dex are looking fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
            thats why all the gay shit is dominating the scene shit like mens physique ..bunch of faggots in gay ass shorts that couldnt diet
            Not defending mens physique contests but I have to point out a few things..

#1. Explain to me how shorts are somehow gayer then posing trunks?

#2. Couldn't diet? I think your general hate for it has clouded your mind a bit. I don't think guys competing in mens physique have much of a problem dieting. They just choose not to diet to the point of death. And lets be real here scott, a bodybuilder always looks MUCH better a couple weeks out compared to the day of the show anyway.

#3. Most of these guys look 100 times better then the current GH/slin gut piles of shit that is on many bodybuilding stages today.

Comment

I don't get the shorts either. But I kind of get this contest. Look at it this way...in reality to win a overall bodybuilding show you have to be a mass monster guy who competes in middle weight has pretty much no chance of winning the show or get any kind of endorsement or sponsorship so imo this class gives some of the guys an opportunity to make a living from the sport.

I mean in reality 99% of the guys who go to gym are shooting for a physique like these guys and also they are the ones that buying all the supplements so again imo this a win for the supplement companies too.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                Not defending mens physique contests but I have to point out a few things..

#1. Explain to me how shorts are somehow gayer then posing trunks?

#2. Couldn't diet? I think your general hate for it has clouded your mind a bit. I don't think guys competing in mens physique have much of a problem dieting. They just choose not to diet to the point of death. And lets be real here scott, a bodybuilder always looks MUCH better a couple weeks out compared to the day of the show anyway.

#3. Most of these guys look 100 times better then the current GH/slin gut piles of shit that is on many bodybuilding stages today.

Basically in truth your saying that sadly you realize you look more like one of these clowns than a bodybuilder, so your defending them. They have small waists but only scum would consider them as.' Looking like a bodybuilder' lol

Comment

When was the last time any of you guys look at a magazine add with Phil heath endorsing a fat burner said man that shit must work I'm going to go buy some of that?

Even an average joe who sees a picture of Mr O holding a bottle of fat burner says man that's BS that guy took shit load of drugs to look like that not that little bottle of fat burner.

But if you give that bottle to one of these guys and post their picture in a magazine people would actually believe that thing might help them loose some fat too.

Comment

And they hide their legs, which is gay everyone knows legs are thee hardest to train

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                      Basically in truth your saying that sadly you realize you look more like one of these clowns than a bodybuilder, so your defending them. They have small waists but only scum would consider them as.' Looking like a bodybuilder' lol
                      They are not competing in a bodybuilding show. They are not bodybuilders and not claiming to be one so why are you hating them?
                      Last edited by BEAST; 03-02-13, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Myself and any of those clowns look 100 times better then you and the fact is.. I would beat you right now in my current condition compared to your current condition on any bodybuilding stage on the planet.

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                        When was the last time any of you guys look at a magazine add with Phil heath endorsing a fat burner said man that shit must work I'm going to go buy some of that?

Even an average joe who sees a picture of Mr O holding a bottle of fat burner says man that's BS that guy took shit load of drugs to look like that not that little bottle of fat burner.

But if you give that bottle to one of these guys and post their picture in a magazine people would actually believe that thing might help them loose some fat too.
                        I have to disagree bro. I think there are a ton of people out there (i was one of them as a kid) who look at the mags and look at guys like Heath, Coleman, FLex etc.. and buy whatever the mags say they eat or supps they take etc..

With that said, there is also a huge market for the leaner physiques so in that sense I agree.

And they hide their legs, which is gay everyone knows legs are thee hardest to train
                        I agree here, legs are an important part even if you want to be leaner then a bodybuilder. Guys that just train upper body are laughable for sure.

Comment

Lets get a lady from the sites opinion. Would they want a man with mens physique type build or a bodybuilder mass monster?

Comment

Originally posted by paulie walnuts View Post
                            Lets get a lady from the sites opinion. Would they want a man with mens physique type build or a bodybuilder mass monster?
                            The build that I have, that's what drives women crazy. That sounds incredibly cocky but its just the truth. Sure there are women that have specific likes and taste, but even women who are into a "mass monster" would be hard pressed to not want me. If you can find a women that can look at my body and not want it, I will be impressed. :thumup:

Comment

Sucks for you. You can only use it for the same women. Kinda like having a lambo with no license.:)

Comment

Working...
                              X