Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFBB Pro Denise Gerard dead at 43

Thursday, 21 March 2013

PIONEERING female bodybuilder and IFBB Pro Denise Gerard has died at the age of just 43.

The spectacularly muscled bodybuilder counted the NPC Nationals and Jan Tana among her clutch of major awards in female bodybuilding.

The 5ft 1ins lightweight, only started training in 1989, shortly after graduating from Rhode Island College where she studied Fine Arts.

The very next year she won her first show - the 1990 Virginia State Lightweight category - and there was no looking back.

Her immense drive and focus helped her go on to win many more titles including the NPC Nationals where she took the Lightweight Class in 1998 and the IFBB Jan Tana Classic in 2000 where she dominated the same class.

With door-wide shoulders, fabulous back, tiny waist and superb conditioning Denise was not afraid to push the boundaries of the sport. Her biceps were among the best in the sport.

Denise Gerard took her initial female bodybuilding inspiration from the muscled superheroes and superheroines she read as a child.

She said: “I always drew and idolized the comic book characters as a child and imagined myself with big muscles.”

Denise also loved strength competitions and would benchpress 240lbs, more than twice her 119lbs off-season weight.

She loved life and on her website flexdee.com she cites her motto as: “Get the most out of every minute- Give 100% of yourself and you can achieve anything!”

Close friend and fellow bodybuilder Dawn Whitham was devastated at her loss and said on her Facebook page: “My only best friend IFBB pro Denise Gerard passed... My best friend thru life, we were "married" since the 1980s. The only person on the entire world i connected with. We shared it ALL for 25 years...Im unbeliebably sad and so alone in the world now. I love you Denise, miss you. Xxooo Dawn”

Denise Gerard Bodybuilding Titles:

IFBB 2004 So/West USA Cup- Fourth Place Ltwt. Div.

IFBB 2002 So/West USA Cup- Second Place Ltwt. Div.

IFBB 2000 Jan Tana Classic- First Place Ltwt. Div.

NPC 98 Nationals- First Place Ltwt. Div.

NPC 97 Nationals- Second Place Ltwt. Div.

NPC 95 Jr.Nationals- Fifth Place Ltwt. Div.

NPC 94 Washington Grand Prix- Overall Champion

NPC 93 Virginia State- Overall Champion

She was a proper female bodybuilder before they turned into disgusting creatures.

Before anyone asks about the cause, its doubtful it was natural causes. Her family asked that all donations go towards bipolar disorders.

Comment

:(

"How We All felt About Densie...
      Denise was an incredible person...IFBB Pro Bodybuilder and award receiving powerlifer and amazing athlete... she was a personl trainer and mentor, a teacher, a friend and a best friend, she worked with children and took care of everybody around her...she loved animals and cherished her chinchilla little Vinny. The Bodybuilding World will miss her. Denise was a wife, a sister, a daughter and family member and relative. Densie has left so much behind... yet watches over all of us as our guardian Angel. Please remember all the wonderful moments she brought to us all and how much she will be missed.

I am now closing Denises site while I sit here on my Mac. lost my best friend and sole mate for almost 30 years. I will be remembering in my heart nothing but the best, Densie May You rest in Peace... _We ALL Love You! _Dawn Whitham.

March 25, 2013 Service
      Fill not your hearts with pain and sorrow, but remember me in every tomorrow. Remember the joy, the laughter, the smiles, Ive only gone to rest a while. Although my leaving causes pain and greif, my going has eased my hurt and given me relief. So dry your eyes and remember me, not as I am now, but as I used to be. because I will remember you all and look on with a smile. Understand, in your hearts, Ive only gone to rest a while. As long as I have the loveof each of you, I can live my life in the hearts of all of you."

Comment

RIP, beautiful service speach

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          RIP, beautiful service speach
          Nice speech indeed. Sad to see her go at such a young age.

Comment

Working...
          X