Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evan Centopani On Why He's NOT Willing To "Do What It Takes"..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Centopani On Why He's NOT Willing To "Do What It Takes"..

He was asked why he isn't winning shows and why he's not going to more extremes to do so. This was his response. Gotta respect this..

I would venture a guess that most rational people (for the sake of this discussion this includes athletes; professional or otherwise) go through life constantly weighing the risk to benefit ratio of all the things they do. In professional sports, every athlete must consider what they would have to do to win (assuming winning is their sole objective and is a reasonable possibility for that athlete in the first place). The resulting decisions are different for every man depending on what he values most and how he sees himself in the grand scheme of things. Keep in mind; bodybuilding is a sport filled with delusion. Many competitors; whether they compete as an amateur or professional believes that with just the right drug(s), guru etc they can be the best in the world! And many will destroy themselves trying. If a person feels that being a competitive pro is their sole purpose in life and is the main thing they are meant to contribute to the world, then I would say go for it; if you drop dead, disfigure yourself, ruin personal relationships etc in the process then so be it...you were doing what you were made to do/fulfilling your purpose in life. I don't really feel that way. I approach bodybuilding (and everything else) in a way that makes sense to me. If that "holds me back" then I accept that. I assume others live their life the same way. At the end of the day, people should act in accordance with what THEY want. Most people are so caught up in what everyone else wants that they begin to accept those same things as their own.

The bottom line is that there are two main things to consider: 1. What do I want to accomplish as a bodybuilder? 2. What do I need to do to accomplish that? The answers to both questions are very individual and the resulting decisions are very personal.

Great response from him.

Comment

This is why I like Evan

Comment

Working...
      X