Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise and Fall of Trey Brewer

Off Season Bulking Taken Too Far

Potential is the key to aspiring in anything from academics to athletic endeavors. A person may have the potential to become a surgeon based on their ease of understanding human biology. Sure, it could be simply be chalked up to as that individuals ability to study and focus on their work, but when it’s done with ease you have to believe that in some way or another their minds were specifically geared towards understanding the human body and how it ticks better than the average person. The same can be said for athletes as well. A person who’s six feet nine inches tall will have more of a genetic advantage in basketball than someone of average height.

For a bodybuilder their genetic potential gives them a leg up, but it’s not the only element that makes a great prospect. The drive, the dedication, the patience, all of it allows for an athlete to shape a great physique. Competitors with that kind of potential come and go where bodybuilding is concerned, but there are some athletes that many people expect to become great despite the revolving door atmosphere of pro bodybuilding.

Trey Brewer was a man with great potential, a bodybuilder that was set to become the next big thing in competitive bodybuilding. Brewer was a mammoth beast with the kind of size and shred of a Big Ramy and the sky seemed to be the limit for him in 2008. He looked pretty damn impressive, had a contract with BSN, and looked to be poised for bodybuilding dominance.

But all that changed once the 2009 season began. Brewer had a bad off season bulk that would prove to destroy his physique as well as any chances of him becoming a world beater in bodybuilding. To think that the difference between all time greatness and destroying everything you’ve built could all come down to poor bulking strategies is a bit disconcerting. His poor showing led to Trey being dropped by BSN and retiring from competitive bodybuilding at an early age. Now, only 30 years old, Brewer has picked up the pieces and gone on to pursuing a career in firefighting and personal training.

It wasn’t the end of the world for Brewer, but his bad bulk did end up ruining a promising career in bodybuilding. There’s a reason why professional bodybuilders can do what they do and when you consider how hard it is to gain muscle and lose fat, you realize just how much work goes into creating the perfect form. The loss of potential is always a horrible thing, but Brewer went for it, even ended up acquitting himself pretty well too. It’s better to have pursued your dreams and fail than just count yourself unlucky and never try at all. For that alone, Trey Brewer deserves some respect.

So why you think he cant lean out again?

Comment

Probably lazy.

Lee priest got fatter than he did and then dieted back down.

Comment

It loOKs like he came off too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
          It loOKs like he came off too
          he was the type actually needed a "guru" like aceto. you can just tell he was lost in that off season. not only did he get fat and lose size but he also got bad gyno. there are other pics where he has literally b cup tits. he just didnt seem bright and i think gurus are mostly bs but for him it would have helped. He needed major diet and drug guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            he was the type actually needed a "guru" like aceto. you can just tell he was lost in that off season. not only did he get fat and lose size but he also got bad gyno. there are other pics where he has literally b cup tits. he just didnt seem bright and i think gurus are mostly bs but for him it would have helped. He needed major diet and drug guidance.
            So your thinking he had the drive and work ethics but not the knowledge

Comment

Probably lazy.

Lee priest got fatter than he did and then dieted back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                So your thinking he had the drive and work ethics but not the knowledge
                Seems to have the knowledge to get into shape for that first pic? Maybe he was working with a "guru" for the show and then did his own thing for the off season.

Maybe he just lost his passion? Obviously he could have gotten in touch with whoever helped him before and got back in shape. If Lee Priest can get back into shape after this so could Trey.

Probably just got sick of bodybuilding. Looks like the kinda fella that likes to eat. Anyone got a recent pic? Bet he's fat as fuck.

Comment

Burned out...I get that.i was burnt out on the gym been there done that.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                    Burned out...I get that.i was burnt out on the gym been there done that.
                    He was like 29 and a rising star with a huge BSN contract. LoL.

He just went into that off season and came out the other side looking like a Manatee.

Comment

He was like 29 and a rising star with a huge BSN contract. LoL.

He just went into that off season and came out the other side looking like a Manatee.
                      damn...dumb decision :agreed:

Comment

Very sad for Trew because, he was a very good young bodybuilder.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                          Very sad for Trew because, he was a very good young bodybuilder.
                          How do you feel about Dennis wolf coming back to the stage steve..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                            How do you feel about Dennis wolf coming back to the stage steve..

If he's fully recovered it's good. If not it's a huge mistake.

Comment

If he's fully recovered it's good. If not it's a huge mistake.
                              Thanks Steve lol

Comment

Working...
                              X