Chad Nicholls Taking Credit For Coleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Nicholls Taking Credit For Coleman

Trying to act like he "made" coleman. lol.

These are some never before seen pics of Ronnie Coleman before the 1998 Night of Champions. This is one of the first times I was able to see Ronnie very close to contest shape. It was also one of the first times I was able to see the possibilities of where we could take his physique. The reason I’m posting these photos is NOT to show how great Ronnie was – but to EXPLAIN what I personally saw in these photos and what I looked for.

Most nutritionists, coaches, gurus – whatever title you give them – have become nothing more than “cheerleaders” – they are afraid to speak up because they are afraid of failure and because they are afraid of losing their clients. However, the truth is much simpler than that. The majority do NOT have the ability or skill set to actually see and analyze exactly WHAT they are looking at. The list of individuals who can actually do this is VERY short. When you compare that list to the list of those constantly patting themselves on the back – it’s shocking.

So, take a look at these photos of Ronnie Coleman – there is no doubt that he is otherworldly!!!! He is maybe the type of athlete we will never see again in our industry because he was literally blessed with EVERYTHING – NOT just genetics – but I’m talking about every aspect of what someone at his level would need to become amazing. You not only need a physique that is out of this world – but you need a body that can absorb everything it takes in – like a sponge, while at the same time responding PERFECTLY to it all! You have to be able to eat, and eat, and eat – no matter what is put in front of you. AND, during all of this – you MUST have the mental ability to NEVER stop. You then must be able to brutally train - possibly beyond what your body is even capable of and then, do it all over again the next day…Over, and over, and over – no matter what the circumstances – no matter what life throws at you – NO EXCUSES – one goal and that is creating the unimaginable.

When most look at this photo – they will see just that; a superhuman athlete. When I looked at it, I saw his flaws and what needed to be improved. My brain calculated what it would take to WIN the Olympia – not what it would take to make everyone happy – not what it would take to please everyone else, but what it would take to improve his physique to be the best in the world above and beyond everyone else…That’s exactly what we did around 6 months later.

So, what did I see? I saw a physique that needed to be improved. I saw quads that needed more sweep. I saw legs that needed more thickness in order to create more overall depth in the separations. I saw delts that needed to be completely separated and saw where that intricate detail was, that still needed to be found. I saw where his back was literally waiting to explode and that in a short period of time I knew it would become a sight to behold. I saw glutes that had the ability to be as shredded as anyone’s who’d ever graced a stage. These are just a few of the many things that entered my mind the instant I saw the photos. It’s the only way I think and it’s how I analyze everything each time I look at an athlete. I’ve never been a “WOW” guy – I’ve NEVER been the cheerleader. Every athlete will describe me as expressionless and emotionless when I go to look at them – and they will tell you themselves – as soon as I left the room – they’d call Kim to find out what I thought – because there was no way for them to tell what I was thinnking – BUT that’s the way I wanted it. I wanted them to stay hungry and that’s the way I worked. Don’t get me wrong – I always backed something up with a positive, but at the end of the day my job is to find a way to create the best “them” and the best outcome possible. Think about that the next time your coach doesn’t know what to tell you what’s going wrong or even what to do PERIOD! If the only thing that comes out of their mouth is a “positive” – RUN!!!!! BECAUSE if Ronnie Coleman has work ahead of him – that damn well means everyone else does too – AND THEN SOME! Don’t get me wrong – there are some amazing coaches with great abilities in our industry. My good friend, Chris Aceto, is one of the best – Matt Porter, John Meadows – are just a few of the names that quickly come to mind – BUT there are a ridiculous amount of guys out there that no matter how much bullshit they spew, no matter how many people they badmouth to lift themselves up, and no matter how popular they become on social media – they WILL NEVER have the skill set to EVER look at the photo and see everything and that’s the fuckin’ truth!
Working...
X