Ronnie Coleman: Today’s Bodybuilders ‘Wouldn’t Make The Top 5’ In The 90’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Coleman: Today’s Bodybuilders ‘Wouldn’t Make The Top 5’ In The 90’s

“Conditioning is not the same. Look at those guys. I mean, nobody looks like they’ve been on a diet, like a real diet diet. Nobody looks in shape.

They look okay, you know. You put them next to guys like me, Flex, Kevin, and Shawn, guys like that, you’re like ‘Woah that’s a big difference. They wouldn’t beat any of the guys I faced.”

https://fitnessvolt.com/ronnie-colem...ybuilders/amp/
    ​​​​​​​

I agree with Ronnie that people only rise to the level of the competition and that mediocrity breeds mediocrity, but I also think the "mass at all costs" mentality is to blame. When you try to pack on 50, 75 lbs more than your frame can support, it cannot be done without losing symmetry and other aesthetic factors, and the means you have to take to get there can destroy any chance of coming in chiseled and conditioned. This is why the classic physique guys look so much better than the open class mass monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      I agree with Ronnie that people only rise to the level of the competition and that mediocrity breeds mediocrity, but I also think the "mass at all costs" mentality is to blame. When you try to pack on 50, 75 lbs more than your frame can support, it cannot be done without losing symmetry and other aesthetic factors, and the means you have to take to get there can destroy any chance of coming in chiseled and conditioned. This is why the classic physique guys look so much better than the open class mass monsters.
      Call me crazy but I think Brandon Curry looks amazing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with RC. The conditioning these days is way off. I think CURRY has a great physique, but coming in 1st at the Mr .O I just don't see.

Comment

Interestingly, the only BB from today that Ronnie thinks can compete with the BBs from his era is Heath.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Interestingly, the only BB from today that Ronnie thinks can compete with the BBs from his era is Heath.
            phil bubble gut alien heath. just no

Comment

Working...
            X