So tired of hearing hoe great Bill Belichick is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So tired of hearing hoe great Bill Belichick is

Not saying he is not a good coach. Guys a defensive genius. He was the defensive coach with the Giants in 86 and 89. In 89 no one could and no one believed it was possible to slow down that Bill's offense. Give Belicheck two weeks to prepare a defense, in that Giants team's case a very good defense with, by far, the best of all time, Lawrence Taylor at linebacker.
    They held the Bill's to 19 points I believe, the far lowest they scored all year and the giants pulled off huge upset.
    However, the first head coaching job he got was with the Browns where in 5 years he made the playoffs once, had a horrible 5 year record and was fired.
    When he first started with the Patriots, with Drew Bledsoe as his QB, the first year loosing record, no playoffs. Second year they played the NY jets with already a loosing record and the best thing that ever happened to Belicheck happened. A Jets linebacker named Mo Lewis knocked Bledsoe out of the game to give some guy named Tom Brady a chance. That was when Belicheck suddenly went from a consistently bad coach to some sort of genius Vince Lombardi. The following year Bledsoe never got his job back and the Patriots won their first of what, 6, superbowls?
    Come on, none of this was Bill Belichick he benefitted ridiculously because a sixth round draft pick that every single team missed, including the Patriots. There are only 7 rounds the 6th round pick is an afterthought and rarely makes the team. He had no idea as did anyone else but he had the best quarterback to ever play sitting behind Bledsoe.
    I cant help but laugh when people or guys on TV actually debate if its Brady or Bekicheck who is responsible for the 6 superbowls.
    Leave Bledsoe at quarterback and you would have saw. Belicheck would have lasted a few more years then been fired again. You give any competent NFL coach Tom Brady at QB they could do the same or better.
    I'm a NY Jets fan but there came a point I just had to give up. Brady is simply so much better than anyone else, or was at his best, it's not worth the energy to root against him.

Sent from my SM-A207M using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing how his next few seasons go and what they put together.

Comment

Originally posted by pgc640 View Post
      Not saying he is not a good coach. Guys a defensive genius. He was the defensive coach with the Giants in 86 and 89. In 89 no one could and no one believed it was possible to slow down that Bill's offense. Give Belicheck two weeks to prepare a defense, in that Giants team's case a very good defense with, by far, the best of all time, Lawrence Taylor at linebacker.
      They held the Bill's to 19 points I believe, the far lowest they scored all year and the giants pulled off huge upset.
      However, the first head coaching job he got was with the Browns where in 5 years he made the playoffs once, had a horrible 5 year record and was fired.
      When he first started with the Patriots, with Drew Bledsoe as his QB, the first year loosing record, no playoffs. Second year they played the NY jets with already a loosing record and the best thing that ever happened to Belicheck happened. A Jets linebacker named Mo Lewis knocked Bledsoe out of the game to give some guy named Tom Brady a chance. That was when Belicheck suddenly went from a consistently bad coach to some sort of genius Vince Lombardi. The following year Bledsoe never got his job back and the Patriots won their first of what, 6, superbowls?
      Come on, none of this was Bill Belichick he benefitted ridiculously because a sixth round draft pick that every single team missed, including the Patriots. There are only 7 rounds the 6th round pick is an afterthought and rarely makes the team. He had no idea as did anyone else but he had the best quarterback to ever play sitting behind Bledsoe.
      I cant help but laugh when people or guys on TV actually debate if its Brady or Bekicheck who is responsible for the 6 superbowls.
      Leave Bledsoe at quarterback and you would have saw. Belicheck would have lasted a few more years then been fired again. You give any competent NFL coach Tom Brady at QB they could do the same or better.
      I'm a NY Jets fan but there came a point I just had to give up. Brady is simply so much better than anyone else, or was at his best, it's not worth the energy to root against him.

agree and disagree.

he's absolutely a top 5 all time coach. maybe top 3. right up there with Shula, Lombardi, and Landry. obviously without his great players over the years it wouldn't have mattered as you need talent on the field to be successful. that same argument could be made for all coaches though.

as for Brady.. yes he is great. but in terms of raw talent i think there are better QB's on worse teams. for example, IMO Payton Manning was the better raw talent QB had he been a QB for the Pats they may have won a few more SB's...

In terms of all time QB's. Brady IMO is not at the top.

Montana, Marino, Manning, and Elway were all better "modern" QB's IMO. i left QB's out like Staubach or Unitas because they were from a different time, hard to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

agree and disagree.

he's absolutely a top 5 all time coach. maybe top 3. right up there with Shula, Lombardi, and Landry. obviously without his great players over the years it wouldn't have mattered as you need talent on the field to be successful. that same argument could be made for all coaches though.

as for Brady.. yes he is great. but in terms of raw talent i think there are better QB's on worse teams. for example, IMO Payton Manning was the better raw talent QB had he been a QB for the Pats they may have won a few more SB's...

In terms of all time QB's. Brady IMO is not at the top.

Montana, Marino, Manning, and Elway were all better "modern" QB's IMO. i left QB's out like Staubach or Unitas because they were from a different time, hard to compare.

Your right Brady is, by far, not anywhere close to the most talented QB. But, what is a physically talented QB? From what I've heard over the years no QB ever cold match Jeff George's arm streangh. Apparently not close. I o9never saw him win anything though. Remember JaMarcus Russell from LSU? 1 pick in draft. His talent, supposedly was off the charts. He lasted two, three years. There is something more than pure physical talent to be a good NFL QB. I'm not sure what it is but Brady has enough of whatever it is to spread to all the other QBs in league.
        Look at what the guy has done, with, other than Randy Moss and Gronk, a bunch of nobody's and different ones every year, it seems, on offense. It seems like they can plug anyone at WR and with Brady the guy becomes a star. Wes Welker, Julien Edelman. You really believe that either of those guys, with any QB, other than Payton Manning, would have been anything but a once and a while 3rd or 4th reciever?
        Forget what he pulled off against Atlanta in the Superbowl, I think they were down 28-7. Everyone I was with thought it was over. I never did not with that guy at QB. I even said if he can get within one score they will comeback and win. They did. Manning could have NEVER pulled that off. Manning is the best regular season QB ever. He won, basically, one Superbowl. The second was won by Denver's defense despite how terrible Manning was.

i disagree, right now, you can not put Belchick in even the top ten. Let's see now what he does. The game must be easy when you have the best clutch QB ever on your side. If he still wins every year now I'll say you are right.

As for Brady being the best ever it's more clear than even the Jordan argument. The guy has gone to 9 superbowls? 9! Who is next? MONTANA at 4? And Montana had Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark, John Taylor as wide receivers, Roger Craig at running back. A defense with Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley. A bunch of hall of fame players. Brady played with Moss for two years and Gronk. Other than that who? No one really, no star running back no generational defensive players. Good defenses but no superstars. I cant see how, and again I hate the Patriots, I've been a Jets fan since 1981. There is no one to compare Brady to. Talent of course, yes, but what does that matter? Staubach, great QB but what, 2 Superbowls against 6 in addition to 3 very, very close losses. Montana, yes is 4 and 0 in the Superbowl. But 4 not 9. Brady didnt exactly get blown out in the three losses. He lost to the Giants twice on last minute drives and lost to Philly in a shootout. He could easily be 9 and 0. I just dont see it as a debate no one is close.

Comment

Originally posted by pgc640 View Post
          Your right Brady is, by far, not anywhere close to the most talented QB. But, what is a physically talented QB? From what I've heard over the years no QB ever cold match Jeff George's arm streangh. Apparently not close. I o9never saw him win anything though. Remember JaMarcus Russell from LSU? 1 pick in draft. His talent, supposedly was off the charts. He lasted two, three years. There is something more than pure physical talent to be a good NFL QB. I'm not sure what it is but Brady has enough of whatever it is to spread to all the other QBs in league.
          Look at what the guy has done, with, other than Randy Moss and Gronk, a bunch of nobody's and different ones every year, it seems, on offense. It seems like they can plug anyone at WR and with Brady the guy becomes a star. Wes Welker, Julien Edelman. You really believe that either of those guys, with any QB, other than Payton Manning, would have been anything but a once and a while 3rd or 4th reciever?
          Forget what he pulled off against Atlanta in the Superbowl, I think they were down 28-7. Everyone I was with thought it was over. I never did not with that guy at QB. I even said if he can get within one score they will comeback and win. They did. Manning could have NEVER pulled that off. Manning is the best regular season QB ever. He won, basically, one Superbowl. The second was won by Denver's defense despite how terrible Manning was.

i disagree, right now, you can not put Belchick in even the top ten. Let's see now what he does. The game must be easy when you have the best clutch QB ever on your side. If he still wins every year now I'll say you are right.

As for Brady being the best ever it's more clear than even the Jordan argument. The guy has gone to 9 superbowls? 9! Who is next? MONTANA at 4? And Montana had Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark, John Taylor as wide receivers, Roger Craig at running back. A defense with Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley. A bunch of hall of fame players. Brady played with Moss for two years and Gronk. Other than that who? No one really, no star running back no generational defensive players. Good defenses but no superstars. I cant see how, and again I hate the Patriots, I've been a Jets fan since 1981. There is no one to compare Brady to. Talent of course, yes, but what does that matter? Staubach, great QB but what, 2 Superbowls against 6 in addition to 3 very, very close losses. Montana, yes is 4 and 0 in the Superbowl. But 4 not 9. Brady didnt exactly get blown out in the three losses. He lost to the Giants twice on last minute drives and lost to Philly in a shootout. He could easily be 9 and 0. I just dont see it as a debate no one is close.

Couldn't disagree more about belichick. Not top 10 come on broski... You have some sort of distorted view on him.

Hey, to your point about QB's and raw talent. Tebow is a fucken mystery. Maybe the best ever college QB but pure garbage on a pro field. Never seen anything like it.

Imagine being a math wiz/genius in high school/ college and then you go to a job that involves math and you suck at it. That's tebow lol very confusing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X