WACO On Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WACO On Netflix

Anyone see this shit? If it really went down like that the ATF and the FBI flat out murdered those people. I knew of the event but I never really paid too much attention to the details.

The 6 part series on netflix is based on 2 books. One by one of the members on the inside of the compound and the other by an FBI negotiator. Even the FBI negotiator was absolutely disgusted by the behavior of the ATF and the FBI.

Great series if you haven't seen it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80228244

The ATF, FBI, law enforcement in general could have ALL handled that situation in WACO differently.

Comment

I have not seen it, bit I read reviews when it came out and they said that while well done overall, it portrayed an overly sympathetic picture of Koresh. That being said, I'm sure it could have been handled differently but everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        I have not seen it, bit I read reviews when it came out and they said that while well done overall, it portrayed an overly sympathetic picture of Koresh. That being said, I'm sure it could have been handled differently but everyone involved.
        I would agree in general with that assessment. While it did show his negative qualities it certainly highlights law enforcements negative qualities and mistakes in a much brighter light. They didn't go far enough with showing the laws he was actually breaking.

But with all that said. The series is based on a book by the FBI negotiator that worked the case. He himself was highly critical of how bad they handled the case so you can't really blame the show for putting the negative spotlight more in their direction.

Watch it scrum, it's really well done. Great actors, and only 6 parts. I wouldn't tell ya to watch some dumb shit. You know I'm a fellow sophisticat who only appreciates proper shit!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna watch first episode tonight. I remember well when this all went down

Comment

Seen it.... it's good! Not sure how accurate it is to the people it portraits, because you know Hollywood is gunna Hollywood up everything at least a little bit. But yeah, for entertainment it's a good watch.

Comment

Working...
            X