Little issue last trip out..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little issue last trip out..

Slow day fishing...42 miles out n I notice one of my bilge pumps randomly kicking on... So I'm getting a bit of water into bilge area. Started looking n figured out I had a live well leak someplace. Finished up the day and yesterday I ripped it out.
    seems over the years the filler the manufacturer used has busted up and live well started overflowing on the inside as a gap formed. Then it leaked inside and into bilge area where hole for drainage hose runs... I'll be fiberglassing it shut instead of just filling..be better then new when done!

Oh yes...the catch

Comment

Fiberglass resign filling gaps good

Comment

god damn it. the one chance god had to take you to the bottom of the fucken sea 42 miles out.... :D

she's a nice looking little boat. still think you can come up with a better name for her though.

Comment

Nice Grady Lip, my family has one in the Keys, we run a 31ft Sailfish with twin 300's

Comment

Fix worked out great on live we replaced all pluming. Filled gaps with fiberglass resin then put two layers of new fiberglass over that .did a leak test today no leaks detected. Now I just have to reinstall into boat hook up lines and see. Did a few videos of the fix but site won't upload too long I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
              Nice Grady Lip, my family has one in the Keys, we run a 31ft Sailfish with twin 300's
              That's a big rig, nice man!!!

Comment

A few pics...this is on inside of livewell at top of it you can see the gap I filled..then glassed over...replaced all new inlet and drain plumbing...just pic of one..

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  god damn it. the one chance god had to take you to the bottom of the fucken sea 42 miles out.... :D

she's a nice looking little boat. still think you can come up with a better name for her though.
                  Name was on her when I got her..gonna change it to....Damn Right......Skippy. Skippy is wife's Nick name for when she fucks thinks up...lmfao....ya know..nice move Skippy....lol

Comment

Working...
                  X