Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. September 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. September 12th

They gotta be broke and need the money I would assume.

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is making a comeback.

Tyson, 54, will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition on Sept. 12 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The bout will be broadcast on pay-per-view as well as multimedia platform Triller. According to a news release, Triller will also show a 10-part docuseries leading up to the bout.Tyson, in an appearance on ESPN's First Take on Thursday, explained his reasoning for a return to the ring.
    "I never took that many punches. After the last fight I had, I left and I lived my life, and I've been through some experiences, and now I'm back here. I feel like I took better care of my body and my state of mind than most of the fighters before me that retired and came back."

Jones (66-9), at his apex, was considered the most brilliant boxer in the sport, winning titles at middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight. He had a sublime mix of speed, technique and ring intelligence.

Last month, Jones, 51, expressed interest in a possible bout with Tyson.

"I've been trying to enjoy retirement, but people don't seem to want to let me retire," Jones said. "They keep calling me, telling me that Mike wants to come back, and that you'd be a great opponent for Mike.

"We always wanted to see it, but I would've preferred it back then. Tyson is a hell of a specimen still. Still a problem to deal with. But at the same time, life is life, you only live once. You want to know what it's like, you go in there and see. You still gotta see it."

Man, I will be 54 in a couple of months and the last thing I want to do voluntarily is get punched in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Man, I will be 54 in a couple of months and the last thing I want to do voluntarily is get punched in the face.
      How about for 50 million? :D

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

I will watch it but hard for me take very serious. Its an exhibition match. Good payday for them both.

Comment

They look in much better shape than Dorian and ronnie

https://youtu.be/1QEfLZ57mA8

Comment

Working...
          X