Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal mechanisms of a Patek Philippe watch.

Comment

The first breakfast cereal was advertised as "Ready to Eat", but it never caught on because it required soaking overnight to soften.

Comment

Apples Newest Store In Singapore. It Floats.

Comment

Indoor Beehive.

Comment

A Diner Once Featured On The Show, 'Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives'.

Comment

This is real. Crazy world where shit like this has to even be announced.

Comment

Hubble deep field of over 10,000 galaxies and more than a quadrillion stars.

Comment

You know how much of the sky is represented by the image above of the Hubble Deep Field?

If you hold up a tennis ball 30 feet from your eye, how much of the sky is the tennis ball going to block? That's the size of the Hubble Deep Field. And it's a random patch of the sky. Just imagine how many galaxies and stars exist in total.

That's why I believe that the Hubble Deep Field is one of the most important photographs ever taken. It reveals how truly immense the visible universe is. And that doesn't even count the stuff we can't see any more.
                  ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    You know how much of the sky is represented by the image above of the Hubble Deep Field?

If you hold up a tennis ball 30 feet from your eye, how much of the sky is the tennis ball going to block? That's the size of the Hubble Deep Field. And it's a random patch of the sky. Just imagine how many galaxies and stars exist in total.

That's why I believe that the Hubble Deep Field is one of the most important photographs ever taken. It reveals how truly immense the visible universe is. And that doesn't even count the stuff we can't see any more.
                    ​​​
                    Amazing.

And with that amount of galaxies the chances of us being the only form of life is basically none.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      Amazing.

And with that amount of galaxies the chances of us being the only form of life is basically none.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
                      I wonder when we die, if our energy transforms in a way we can explore the universe?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by AvidFisherman; 08-27-20, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Just realized I had a typo in my message. The Hubble Deep Field is the area of sky a tennis ball held THREE HUNDRED feet from your eye would cover. Not THIRTY feet. Makes it that much more awesome.

Comment

US NAVY SEAL in Arctic Gear with MK18 SBR

Comment

German WWI Herrenrad Victoria military bicycle with "spring tires", 1914-1918. Rubber shortages continued even during WW2.

Comment

In 1604, Johannes Kepler spotted a bright new "star" in the sky. Today, we see the supernova remnant in x-ray, visible light, and infrared.

Comment

The deepest swimming pool in the world is 113 ft deep.

Comment

Working...
                                X