Premier League Soccer Abandons BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League Soccer Abandons BLM

Good to see, now let's see how long it takes American organizations to have the balls to do this.

Premier League footballers are to continue their support for anti-racism on the pitch but will no longer be associated with Black Lives Matter.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-own-campaign

Lol...

Comment

Good I’m sick of seeing people beaten and killed representing that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Lol...

Comment

It's ok... Summary executions in the street are a sign of a perfectly normal society. After all, Duterte, Kim, Bolsonaro, Assad, they all do it. And they are all perfectly admirable leaders leading perfectly normal societies. Why should we not emulate them?

Comment

It's ok... Summary executions in the street are a sign of a perfectly normal society. After all, Duterte, Kim, Bolsonaro, Assad, they all do it. And they are all perfectly admirable leaders leading perfectly normal societies. Why should we not emulate them?
            But I think the article is saying that premier league supports black people and is against racism. They just don’t side with the BLM movement.

Comment

None of that shit has anything to do with the article.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

My comment was about derision shown for the black lives matter movement.

Life was so much better when those POCs weren't so uppity and quietly took their beatings. Now everyone's speaking up and ruining this beautiful Leave it to Beaver world without icky people.
                Last edited by Scrumhalf; 09-17-20, 06:02 PM.

Comment

My comment was about derision shown for the black lives matter movement.

Life was so much better when those POCs weren't so uppity and quietly took their beatings. Now everyone's speaking up and ruining this beautiful Leave it to Beaver world without icky people.
                  Somehow we are all seeing the same article and yet find ourselves over each other's heads.

I am firmly against racism. I am firmly against bad cops. But I am also firmly against what a large majority of people have turned "BLM" into. A free-for-all to commit crime, loot, and riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    I am also firmly against what a large majority of people have turned "BLM" into. A free-for-all to commit crime, loot, and riot.

There is no "large majority of people" committing crimes and looting. The vast majority of people protesting are doing it peacefully. There are a very small minority of people, not necessarily black and not necessarily part of the blm movement" who are committing crimes. To, pardon the expression, tar the entire movement and question its legitimacy is preposterous. It means only one thing. We like the status quo because it doesn't affect *us* and don't care that the scales are tilted profoundly against *them*. We may have no conception of their struggles but we will proclaim that they don't exist.

Comment

The way the "blm movement" has transpired is not helpful to black people. The way it's all being portrayed could not be more divisive. A good example of this is to take a look at the front page of cnn.com at any given time. Another example is to type #blm into twitter and see what you get.

Many may have good intentions but a large percentage of people do not. It has become something extremely divisive that only hurts black people long term. Make no mistake.

The soccer club in Europe understands this and made the right call.

Comment

There is no "large majority of people" committing crimes and looting. The vast majority of people protesting are doing it peacefully. There are a very small minority of people, not necessarily black and not necessarily part of the blm movement" who are committing crimes. To, pardon the expression, tar the entire movement and question its legitimacy is preposterous. It means only one thing. We like the status quo because it doesn't affect *us* and don't care that the scales are tilted profoundly against *them*. We may have no conception of their struggles but we will proclaim that they don't exist.
                        I don’t think it’s fair to label those who oppose BLM as those who want to see blacks oppressed. I’m assuming that’s what you’re alluding to when saying they prefer the status quo?

Also, there have been a lot of riots, highway blockades, intimidation and violence. If, as a percentage of total protests these are low, then so be it. But in terms of total numbers of riots, violence, intimidation the cases I have seen on social media and Tv have been prolific

Comment

The way the "blm movement" is transpiring is not helpful to black people. The way it's all being portrayed could not be more divisive. A good example of this is to take a look at the front page of cnn.com at any given time. Another example is to type #blm into twitter and see what you get.

Many may have good intentions but a large percentage of people do not. It has become something extremely divisive that only hurts black people long term. Make no mistake.

The soccer club in Europe understands this and made the right call.

I agree with this CNN are so awful in their bias, that if their intention is to anger the silent majority, then they are succeeding.

It concerns me that parents of black kids have to coach their kids on how to act when being stopped by the police so as not to get hurt or arrested, it also concerns me as to the reports of a lack of funding going to education facilities in black areas and I think it is that element that the defund police Mantra comes from Ie put more public funding into schools and less into arming cops in the same areas. Sadly it’s become about reducing police down and that is helping nobody it’s just ex’s debating lawlessness and this whole BLM movement is to my mind damaging blacks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post

I don’t think it’s fair to label those who oppose BLM as those who want to see blacks oppressed. I’m assuming that’s what you’re alluding to when saying they prefer the status quo?

Also, there have been a lot of riots, highway blockades, intimidation and violence. If, as a percentage of total protests these are low, then so be it. But in terms of total numbers of riots, violence, intimidation the cases I have seen on social media and Tv have been prolific
                            Of course that's what he's alluding to. He's become so extremely political he's blind to it. "If you don't agree with me I'll flip the script and paint you a racist". "I'll put words in your mouth and say things like "those icky people" as if he speaks for all whites who disagree with him..

Ironically he's become a racist.

Comment

Of course that's what he's alluding to. He's become so extremely political he's blind to it. "If you don't agree with me I'll flip the script and paint you a racist". "I'll put words in your mouth and say things like "those icky people" as if he speaks for all whites who disagree with him..

Ironically he's become a racist.

Nobody is accusing you or anyone else of being racist. I don't know any of you from a hole in the ground, so each of us could be a saint or a scoundrel in real life.

But I guess we are in this bizarro world where I am the racist for pointing out that blm is a movement protesting systemic discrimination, especially at the hands of LE, and the apathy of society in not caring.

Carry on.
                              Last edited by Scrumhalf; 09-17-20, 08:43 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                              X