Road Warrior Animal Has Died - 60 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Warrior Animal Has Died - 60 Years Old

WWE icon Joseph Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, died Tuesday night of natural causes. He was 60 years old.

Law enforcement tells us, the wrestling legend -- who was one half of the famous Road Warriors tag team -- passed away at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO.

We're told cops received a call at around 11:49 PM from Laurinaitis' wife ... but when deputies arrived on scene -- emergency personnel had already declared the ex-wrestler deceased.

Laurinaitis is considered one of the best in-ring performers of all-time -- he wrestled for most of his WWE career with Road Warrior Hawk and won multiple tag team championships as The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom.

He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011.

"RIP Animal,love you my brother," Hulk Hogan said in a statement Wednesday morning. "I know you and Hawk have a lot of unfinished business to take care of! God speed and blessings to your beautiful family,one love4Life."

Laurinaitis' son, James Laurinaitis, was a superstar linebacker at Ohio State who was picked in the 2nd-round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Rams.

Joseph, meanwhile, was known for his face paint and spiked shoulder pads ... as well as his imposing frame -- he was 6-foot-2, 300-plus pounds.

As a team with Road Warrior Hawk (who died of a heart attack in 2003) ... Laurinaitis famously headlined several HUGE WWE events.

RIP

Both Road Warriors are now dead.

Hawk Died in 2003 at the age of 48. Animal made it to 60. Both Heart attacks.

Sad.

Comment

It's been a while since an ex-wrestler has made it past 70. I'm sure the drug use during and after their careers has to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        It's been a while since an ex-wrestler has made it past 70. I'm sure the drug use during and after their careers has to do with it.
        yea WWE may be the 1 profession even more dangerous than modern day pro bodybuilding.

Comment

Yea the guys that are over 70 are the guys that never really were jacked. Like Ric Flair and Terry Funk they abused their bodies in other ways

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Both Road Warriors are now dead.

Hawk Died in 2003 at the age of 48. Animal made it to 60. Both Heart attacks.

Sad.
            Hawk had tons of substance abuse problems the RW were my favorite as a kid! WHAT A RUSH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David6725 View Post
              Yea the guys that are over 70 are the guys that never really were jacked. Like Ric Flair and Terry Funk they abused their bodies in other ways
              How old is the hulkster?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                How old is the hulkster?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
                67 I think and he’s still in decent shape as far as looks but he’s had tons of back problems and surgery’s but that’s how it goes when you get slammed around 5 nights a week.

Comment

From the mean streets of Chi town

My favs as a kid

Comment

Working...
                  X