Moto G9 5G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto G9 5G

Anyone get a new phone recently or getting one soon? I'm getting this when it comes out. I've loved the G7, didn't get the G8 last year and now the G9 5G is about to launch. Best bang for buck on the market without a shadow of a doubt. Will be something between $300-$350 once it hits the US.

The Moto G9 5G supports 5G networks thanks to its Snapdragon 750G chip. It also sports a 5,000 mAh battery, a 6.7-inch FHD+ screen, and a quad-camera setup with a 48MP main sensor. Considering its price, it is pretty much one of if not the most affordable 5G phone in the market.

Have you looked into whether we need new plans for 5G? And whether the plans are more expensive? What carrier do you have? I thought you were with Google Fi?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Have you looked into whether we need new plans for 5G? And whether the plans are more expensive? What carrier do you have? I thought you were with Google Fi?
      Yes Google Fi.

No new plan needed. Just got it. It's called the Moto 5G Ace, not G9. Mine is dark not light grey like above. Moto calls mine "volcanic grey" but it's basically black. The one in pic above is called silver something. Same specs as posted.

I'm sure it can go faster near tower or city but this is the data speed just from my house.

Comment

Comment

Pretty blazing for suburban wireless data.

Comment

That's blazing fast.

My regular LTE speed isn't bad but obviously nothing close to what you are getting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210224_014648.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1007035

Comment

That's blazing fast.

My regular LTE speed isn't bad but obviously nothing close to what you are getting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210224_014648.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1007035
              Found the catch...

Just playing around with it yesterday.... 5 gigs of data. Lol

Comment

Isn't Fi "pay by the Gig?" Make sure you're not going to like one of people in Texas with a $10K power bill!

Comment

Isn't Fi "pay by the Gig?" Make sure you're not going to like one of people in Texas with a $10K power bill!
                  yea up until 6 gigs then it's free. but i bet they slow you down after 6 i'll have to look.

yea i was shocked by how fast i used 4 gigs. i was testing out a few 4k vids on youtube (even though my phone isn't 4k i just wanted to test the connection). loaded 4k 60fps in a split second i was impressed.

but yea i think the carriers are pushing it because of just that alone. data usage. i think for normal people it wont make much difference for awhile. LTE is already fast enough. back to wifi for me! lol

the carriers are looking at us like...

Comment

FI is pretty cool. i sent them a quick message saying 4 gigs was added to my account just testing out 5G for a few hours. they took 2 gigs off. win.

Comment

I think this is the reason 5G on google fi is so fast. They use T-Mobile 5G network and believe it or not T-Mobile is the leader in 5G speed over AT&T and Verizon by a pretty big margin. Especially in areas (mine) where they have enabled the mid range band.

----

"T-Mobile Widens Its Lead with Ultra Capacity 5G

Jan 25th 2021

With Sprint now part of T-Mobile, the Un-carrier is widening its lead, using dedicated spectrum to bring customers with capable devices download speeds of around 300 Mbps and peak speeds up to 1 Gbps."

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/t-mob...-home-internet

Comment

I hope your phone blows up in your ear asshole....

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                          I hope your phone blows up in your ear asshole....
                          Only Samsungs do that, Rado.

Comment

Only Samsungs do that, Rado.
                            I have google pixel lol...but good one

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post

I have google pixel lol...but good one
                              you seem more like an apple fag to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X