• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds most talented footballer dies

Pure genius https://youtu.be/VmyssDtOiLM

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
    more talented than this fella?

Comment

In looking up Pele I came across this. Sad what age does.

Pele is depressed, reclusive due to health issues, says son

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2041T5

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

more talented than this fella?

Yes Maradona was better than Pele. But Pele probably played more games and less trouble. It’s like comparing Tyson and Holyfield. Holyfield is probably the better sportsman but in his prime at his best Tyson was untouchable. But both Pele and Maradona came from nothing, one Brazil, the other Argentina and both made magnificent stars

Comment

I think they are from different eras, so it's a bit like comparing Dr. J and Magic.

One thing though - Pele is very much an establishment guy. He took his status as GOAT very seriously as an ambassador for the game under the FIFA umbrella.

Maradona, on the other hand, didn't give a fuck. He was for speaking things that the establishment didn't or wouldn't say. In direct contrast to Pele, he had no qualms about rocking the boat.

​​​​​For example, he was very much in support of the poor and disadvantaged. He didn't have a problem speaking up for the Palestinians or having a photo-op with Castro. One of the famous stories was his having a major dust-up with the Vatican. When he was playing for Napoli, he visited the Pope in the Vatican and berated him for paying lip service to the plight of the poor. He pointed to the Vatican's gold-plated ceilings and said if you really care for the poor, why don't you tear down and sell all that gold. He just didn't give a fuck.

Too bad about his personal life and drug issues. It was a demon that he couldn't defeat.

Comment

speaking as "average joe" when it comes to soccer that knows only the very basics. i had never heard of him. I have definitely heard of Pele though. i think his name is certainly bigger for whatever reason. but i know that doesn't necessarily make him more any talented than Maradona.

Comment

Watch this it’s my my favourite clip of him just chilling out before the match and tuning in.

https://youtu.be/JDQ2jdnv-2w

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                I think they are from different eras, so it's a bit like comparing Dr. J and Magic.

One thing though - Pele is very much an establishment guy. He took his status as GOAT very seriously as an ambassador for the game under the FIFA umbrella.

Maradona, on the other hand, didn't give a fuck. He was for speaking things that the establishment didn't or wouldn't say. In direct contrast to Pele, he had no qualms about rocking the boat.

​​​​​For example, he was very much in support of the poor and disadvantaged. He didn't have a problem speaking up for the Palestinians or having a photo-op with Castro. One of the famous stories was his having a major dust-up with the Vatican. When he was playing for Napoli, he visited the Pope in the Vatican and berated him for paying lip service to the plight of the poor. He pointed to the Vatican's gold-plated ceilings and said if you really care for the poor, why don't you tear down and sell all that gold. He just didn't give a fuck.

Too bad about his personal life and drug issues. It was a demon that he couldn't defeat.
                Great review!

Pele was so good in his era that other teams admittedly targeted him trying to injure him to take him out of the game. They were that frightened of his skill. He was professional in every sense.

Maradona was more emotional and wore his heart on his sleeve in every sense. He lived the life of ten men and o would have to say that of the two met on the pitch Maradona would have come out on top and with the ball. That’s just my view.

Comment

Watch this it’s my my favourite clip of him just chilling out before the match and tuning in.
                  https://youtu.be/JDQ2jdnv-2w
                  Crazy. It's Ayrton Senna like in terms of control and focus. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    Crazy. It's Ayrton Senna like in terms of control and focus. Impressive.
                    Natural born talent, and yeah with emotion and passion like Ayrton Senna.

Comment

Natural born talent, and yeah with emotion and passion like Ayrton Senna.
                      off topic video but on topic at the same time. i feel they were very similar. can't believe i had never even heard of Maradona.

this one give me chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRTIDIPL1h4

Comment

Working...
                      X