Got Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Covid

My girl is a manager at an upscale cosmetics retailer. It's in a wealthy area where people have been largely untouched by covid. Even though all the staff have been wearing masks there have been plenty of customers coming in with no masks etc..

Anyway, the whole staff caught it. My girl started getting mild cold symptoms last week. Suddenly about 4 days ago she realized she couldn't smell or taste anything at all even with no congestion. Her test came back about 5 days ago (she got tested immediately) and confirmed what we already knew, she has it.

Still can't taste or smell anything. Even perfume held right up to her nose she can't smell at all. She's a bit low energy and tired but that's about the extent of her symptoms after a week.

I think it's pretty safe to say I also have it after living in an apartment with someone with covid for a week. I have no symptoms at all. Hope that continues. I don't wanna be sick for fucken Christmas. I haven't been trying to avoid her or anything like that. I'm not locking her in the fucken bedroom lol. You'd think after a week I would have at least felt some sort of small symptom. I even mistakenly drank from her water cup on the table a few days ago. lmao. Fuck sake.

Best of luck, B. Hope you and your GF recover quickly.

All it takes is one person to be careless, which is why masking is so important. Not a guarantee, but reduces the odds by a lot. And this is something the scarily large percentage of scientifically illiterate people in this country fail to get.

Comment

Your lifetime of ass eating should give you immunity to most anything.

Comment

Also, I think her workplace is at fault. They should have had a clear "no mask, no service" policy.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
          Lol Joey Diaz says that too cocksucka!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Also, I think her workplace is at fault. They should have had a clear "no mask, no service" policy.

​​​​
            they did. and they had masks to give people at the door. still spread around. it's hard in an environment like that.

Comment

prayers for you Bouncer that you both will be ok

Comment

Dang dude hopefully she recovers quickly. Both my gf and I work at the hospital and we have been fine knock on wood.

Comment

Mainstream media scaring people over something that has a death rate of less than 1% - just relax you’re fine I work front lines and have been spit in eye while fighting a covid+ patient and nothing happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    Best of luck, B. Hope you and your GF recover quickly.

All it takes is one person to be careless, which is why masking is so important. Not a guarantee, but reduces the odds by a lot. And this is something the scarily large percentage of scientifically illiterate people in this country fail to get.
                    I think the mass amount of uneducated people are scared and brainwashed by the mass media from blm to lgbt etc. Yet they refuse to do their own research I’ve been in Wisconsin and Wisconsin Dells several times this summer no social distancing no masks no issues till the stupid governor mandated masks.

Dr Joel Kettner s professor of Community Health Sciences and Surgery at Manitoba University, former Chief Public Health Officer for Manitoba province and Medical Director of the International Centre for Infectious Diseases.

What he says:

I have never seen anything like this, anything anywhere near like this. I’m not talking about the pandemic, because I’ve seen 30 of them, one every year. It is called influenza. And other respiratory illness viruses, we don’t always know what they are. But I’ve never seen this reaction, and I’m trying to understand why.

[…]

I worry about the message to the public, about the fear of coming into contact with people, being in the same space as people, shaking their hands, having meetings with people. I worry about many, many consequences related to that.

[…]

In Hubei, in the province of Hubei, where there has been the most cases and deaths by far, the actual number of cases reported is 1 per 1000 people and the actual rate of deaths reported is 1 per 20,000. So maybe that would help to put things into perspective

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                      Mainstream media scaring people over something that has a death rate of less than 1% - just relax you’re fine I work front lines and have been spit in eye while fighting a covid+ patient and nothing happened to me.
                      Traps I get what your saying but remember you are young and healthy. nothing has happened to you I get it. but the problem comes when these dipshits go see their grandmom for Thanksgiving/Christmas the week after they are out partying with a bunch of people who have covid but have zero symptoms (like me). i would spread it to you, you would get it and also probably have no symptoms and then (if you were a careless dipshit like half of america) you would go see your grandmother and grandfather on thanksgiving/Christmas and they can very easily end up seriously ill.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
                        lmao. i showed that to my girl, she laughed. :D

---

just an update. she seems to be getting better. last night she was much more like herself than she has been the past week. more energy and talkative during dinner. she still spent most of the day in bed but less so compared to the days before.

as for me, after about 8-9 days of living with someone who had her first symptoms of covid I still have zero symptoms. i would never know I was infected with what can be a serious virus. that's what makes it a bit of a sinister disease if you ask me. usually you are alerted to some sort of illness and you naturally want to stay home and recover. but with this shit I would have absolutely no clue. if i was the type of asshole that goes to house parties with other assholes wearing no masks etc... you can see how this thing has gotten so bad. for many people this virus is nothing. but there is an absolute shit ton of old/sickly/obese/Immunodeficiency type people in the world and for them this virus is absolutely deadly. rado for example. as old and beat up as he is. he'd be dead within 30 minutes of contracting the disease.

Comment

Good to hear she’s better and lmao at your rado comment

Comment

my daughters bf got it they go to the same school they sent him home for like 2 weeks and he is fine...I know 5 people locally that have had it and everyone is ok..

Comment

Working...
                            X