Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyms with maskless users shown to be at high risk for COVID spread: Study

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/gy...ry?id=76091541

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are urging people to stop ignoring face covering and social distancing rules when they hit the gym after two new studies confirmed they are strong spreader locations.

The agency released findings Wednesday on research it undertook at gyms located in Chicago and Hawaii that saw a high "attack rate" associated with outbreaks last summer.

Which is why we are where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Which is why we are where we are.

where are we? 500,000 dead in a nation of 330,000,000. drop in the bucket. sorry to be blunt.

our beautiful earth slowly being polluted to death by scum humans. we are the virus.

vilify me if you like. but i care more about our planet than I do for 8 god damn billion rats. i care more about nature, and animals, and forests, and clean air.

so i will go to the gym without a mask not because of ignorance. but because I'm doing my part in helping our fragile planet!

your view is a selfish one. you care more about your fellow man than you do our one and only home..

micro view = you. macro view = me. increased population is a far far far greater risk to everyone. if you argue that fact I'm sorry but you have massive blinders on.

I'm actually serious here. not really a tongue in cheek post. population and climate is a grave and imminent threat. covid is absolutely nothing in comparison. a blip more remembered by history for it's economic impact than any sort of real health risk to human population...

your view is narrow and ignorant. love ya bro but i implore you to think past the old lady down the street.. she doesn't matter. blunt truth and deep down you absolutely know it.

Comment

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/gy...ry?id=76091541

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are urging people to stop ignoring face covering and social distancing rules when they hit the gym after two new studies confirmed they are strong spreader locations.

The agency released findings Wednesday on research it undertook at gyms located in Chicago and Hawaii that saw a high "attack rate" associated with outbreaks last summer.
        The gym I frequent now nobody wears a mask. I haven't heard anybody or anyone being infected. I live in a county/state where our covid is actually on a decline.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post

The gym I frequent now nobody wears a mask. I haven't heard anybody or anyone being infected. I live in a county/state where our covid is actually on a decline.
          covid on decline everywhere nigga.

Comment

Nothing more then another virus...said it since day one..its all political garbage...

Comment

I'm not taking away of what this country is going through or that this virus is not real.. what I am saying is that too much fear is being put into people and into this country to the point where we are making it worse ourselves...when you look at one media outlet versus another you're always going to hear and see and read very inconsistent and very different stories
              Last edited by rado; 02-26-21, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                I'm not taking away of what this country is going through or that this virus is not real.. what I am saying is that too much fear is being put into people and into this country to the point where we are making it worse ourselves...when you look at one media outlet versus another you're always going to hear and see and read very inconsistent and very different stories
                Agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by LIV
                  Start with the prison system. If you're in a level 3 or higher...done. that's a good start. Then hit homeless camps with assault rifles and get busy.
                  I like this guy...

Comment

"We are trying to build up and they're constantly tearing us down."

Just out of curiosity, who is this "they" that you are referring to?

Comment

"We are trying to build up and they're constantly tearing us down."

Just out of curiosity, who is this "they" that you are referring to?
                      Looks like he was talking about serious criminals and homeless druggies etc...

In fitting with the theme that there are way too many humans on earth. You'll have to excuse people for not seeing each other as a precious resource.

It's fresh water, forests, open land, wild animals that are precious resources to be saved and protected. Humans by comparison are grains of sand.

We can spare a couple hundred million. Earth would certainly be better off for it.

It sounds brutal and it sounds heartless I get it. But the thing is, you know it's the truth. Take emotions out of the equation and you are left with reality. We are the virus to mother earth. Anyone that disagrees is simply not very bright.

Comment

You do realize that drug addiction and homelessness form a vicious cycle, primarily due to a shamefully deficient social net and medical coverage, right?

We have a drug policy focused heavily on punishment, not rehabilitation and treatment. Plus, it will take about $20B to solve homelessness. Think about that the next time we read about a $760B defense budget.

Comment

You do realize that drug addiction and homelessness form a vicious cycle, primarily due to a shamefully deficient social net and medical coverage, right?

We have a drug policy focused heavily on punishment, not rehabilitation and treatment. Plus, it will take about $20B to solve homelessness. Think about that the next time we read about a $760B defense budget.
                          I'm talking big picture. The virus that is the human race. We are not a precious resource that needs saving. We can spare a few old/sickly. As harsh as that sounds it's just a fact. Covid has made no real impact on our world population crises.

Comment

You're a psychopath. Get help.

Comment

You're a psychopath. Get help.
                              Lmfao. Wasn't expecting that. Funny shit.

Liv you are a bit of an elevator doesn't go all the way up type feller.

Comment

Working...
                              X