The Mecca Of Bodybuilding - Venice California's Fall From Grace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mecca Of Bodybuilding - Venice California's Fall From Grace

Where Arnold and the gang once roamed in the golden age of bodybuilding.

What a heap of garbage it has become. Moral decay, low education, over population. = Disaster.

You get out what you vote in.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall1019 View Post
      You get out what you vote in.
      has to be some truth to that because Florida which is another warm state (warm state = better for bums). Florida doesn't have anywhere near the amount of homeless that California does. so there is something about California policy that has created this. Hard to argue that fact.

Comment

Yet..you chose to live there...lol

Comment

California's relatively generous safety net and support system for homeless people is the reason. Plus easy access to public transportation that enables mobility for the homeless, and of course, good weather with no rain. In other words, the exact opposite of what's being insinuated here.

Comment

Let me add that what's here is nowhere near adequate, and of course, California is a victim of its generosity as it is not able to keep up. But what it highlights is the scandalous state of mental health and drug addiction treatment in this country.

$10B a year will solve homelessness nationwide. Think about that the next time there is a $760B defense spending bill making its way through Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              California's relatively generous safety net and support system for homeless people is the reason. Plus easy access to public transportation that enables mobility for the homeless, and of course, good weather with no rain. In other words, the exact opposite of what's being insinuated here.
              So it's a good thing. Got it. If you walk out the front door of your house tomorrow and you're surrounded by that same scene I want you to think to yourself.... "thank you california"...

With this support system we'll be knee deep in bums and hypodermic needles throughout all of california in no time! Yay go california!

Comment

I am just answering your question on why things seem to be worse in CA vs other warm locations.

No, the situatino is not acceptable. I think the CA govt and the feds need to do much, much more. Like I indicated above, $10B will eliminate homelessness in America. So, it's not a money problem, it is a problem of political will.

Comment

I am just answering your question on why things seem to be worse in CA vs other warm locations.

No, the situatino is not acceptable. I think the CA govt and the feds need to do much, much more. Like I indicated above, $10B will eliminate homelessness in America. So, it's not a money problem, it is a problem of political will.
                  I do not believe 10 billion will even begin to eliminate homelessness in America. i don't believe 10 billion would even eliminate homelessness in California let alone the whole country. where does that small figure come from? I'd like to see the math and reasoning behind it. its seems grossly unrealistic to me. hell even 100 billion seems low considering the scope of the problem and all the caveats that go along with homelessness. you obviously can't just hand these people a check. it requires a massive undertaking on many levels that IMO would blow through 10 billion in a fucken flash.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

The number is actually $20B, not 10, my mistake. I read this a while back. It was an analysis by the Dept. of Housing. Don't have the reference handy atm.

Comment

The number is actually $20B, not 10, my mistake. I read this a while back. It was an analysis by the Dept. of Housing. Don't have the reference handy atm.
                        I think you would quickly find 20 billion is a very small drop in the bucket. That's really not much money when we are talking this kind of scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

has to be some truth to that because Florida which is another warm state (warm state = better for bums). Florida doesn't have anywhere near the amount of homeless that California does. so there is something about California policy that has created this. Hard to argue that fact.
                          FL has lots of alligators they usually balance out the homeless population

Comment

I still want to know what sort of half assed analyses was done to come up with a pocket change figure to "solve all homelessness in the entire country". was this analyses done in the year 1965? lol @ 20 billion in today's money doing fuck all for a problem the size of homelessness in America.

Comment

Let me add that what's here is nowhere near adequate, and of course, California is a victim of its generosity as it is not able to keep up. But what it highlights is the scandalous state of mental health and drug addiction treatment in this country.

$10B a year will solve homelessness nationwide. Think about that the next time there is a $760B defense spending bill making its way through Congress.
                              Or a 1.9 Trillion dollar "COVID" relief bill passed. "The bill includes $4 billion for homeless assistance, to be distributed through the Emergency Solutions Grants program (ESG). ESG is a formula grant to states and local governments. It funds a broad range of activities for people who are homeless or who are at risk of homelessness, which in this bill includes anyone with income below 50 percent of area median income."--this was the first one passed last year. This new one.... "The bill includes $30 billion in emergency rental assistance and an additional $5 billion to prevent Covid-19 outbreaks among homeless populations." But we know that money isn't going to do dick to actually help the problem.

The other shit in there....$350B for states and local governments (it has been stated that only about 12 of the states actually need financial assistance); $110B to make the child tax credit fully refundable; $30B transportation financial assistance; $61B for the expansion of Medicaid & the Affordable Care Act; $128B for elementary and secondary schools; $1.5M for Seaway International Bridge work; $50M for Planned Parenthood; $852M for civic volunteer agencies; $470M for libraries, museums and the arts; $58B for the bailout of private sector pension plans...

1.5 Billion to bailout Amtrak...I'm not even sure how much money the federal government has given to prob this bad boy up over the years.

That's with 100 billion still to be spent from the initial relief bill passed last year. Until everyone takes an objective look at the thievery and corrupt government--and I do mean objective...shit like this is going to continue to happen..and shit like homelessness, overhauling the medical system-private sector and veteran, and actual social reform is never going to happen.

I am a little biased on military spending because my perspective is different..but I think we could definitely forego 100 billion to supplement healthcare for everyone-including mental health, can't argue with you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X