Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Rado, I might actually give a Samsung phone a try!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rado, I might actually give a Samsung phone a try!

Got the note from AT&T that my Xiaomi phone won't work for voice soon as AT&T shuts down it's 3G network that has historically carried the voice calls. Apparently, Xiaomi's VoLTE implementation isn't good enough for AT&T lol...

Now in in the market for a new phone. The Samsung S20 5G looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't catch on fire and blow up. Probably will take this opportunity to jump to a 5G plan. Also getting sick of AT&T's shenanigans. Might try something else. Mint mobile, maybe. Or even T Mobile.

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Got the note from AT&T that my Xiaomi phone won't work for voice soon as AT&T shuts down it's 3G network that has historically carried the voice calls. Apparently, Xiaomi's VoLTE implementation isn't good enough for AT&T lol...

Now in in the market for a new phone. The Samsung S20 5G looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't catch on fire and blow up. Probably will take this opportunity to jump to a 5G plan. Also getting sick of AT&T's shenanigans. Might try something else. Mint mobile, maybe. Or even T Mobile.
    Rado wised up years ago and dumped Samsung. As long as they insist on sticking with that clunky ass garbage OS they put on top of android it will always be a POS.

They've always had impressive hardware but the Achilles heel has always been it's terrible OS. You don't want to live with that piss daily...

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking of the Pixel 5, maybe.

Comment

AT&T is quite a piece of work. They are shutting down their 3G network that has carried their voice calls up to now. That's fine. So, starting from February, only phones that have VoLTE can do voice calls on their network. That's fine too, most decent phones these days have VoLTE capability.

But here's the kicker - AT&T tweaked the VoLTE algorithms on their version, which they have branded as HD Voice. And only a select set of phones will work on that. They have a pdf with a list of phones. You have to pick up one of those. Nothing else.

Sick and tired of these shady fucks. I'm going to try to convince the wife that it's time to drop kick them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          AT&T is quite a piece of work. They are shutting down their 3G network that has carried their voice calls up to now. That's fine. So, starting from February, only phones that have VoLTE can do voice calls on their network. That's fine too, most decent phones these days have VoLTE capability.

But here's the kicker - AT&T tweaked the VoLTE algorithms on their version, which they have branded as HD Voice. And only a select set of phones will work on that. They have a pdf with a list of phones. You have to pick up one of those. Nothing else.

Sick and tired of these shady fucks. I'm going to try to convince the wife that it's time to drop kick them.
          Fi or T-Mobile! Whichever has the better family plan for your needs.

Comment

Just switched last week......fck the T...had enough of their BS

Ended up at Spectrum......all depends on what u use phone for, for me voice and text only.

FWIW, no one will be supporting 3 or 4 G stuff in USA

Comment

Originally posted by mickeycdawn View Post

Ended up at Spectrum......all depends on what u use phone for, for me voice and text only.

you look at google fi?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeycdawn View Post

3G is going away. 4G will be around for a long time. If you only need voice and text, you have a lot of very inexpensive choices.

Comment

Thinking of holding on until the Pixel 6 comes out in October. Sounds like it's going to be a beast of a phone if the leaks are even halfway correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X