Flex Wheeler Dying From Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Wheeler Dying From Covid

"I’m still here putting up the fight of the Century. Seems like that’s becoming more and more of the norm for over the last two decades.

Lungs are showing more Covid damage.

Kidney has taken a beating and function is declining.

I ’m exhausted and barely have any energy to even get out of bed to even go to the toilet. Everything it’s such a major chore.

I’m weak,
    I’m exhausted,
    I’m overwhelmed."

------------

While it is common for the lungs to be most affected in severe Covid-19 cases, reports have shown that the risk of Acute Kidney Injury is significantly higher in patients with pre-existing kidney diseases. Flex Wheeler has battled with hereditary kidney disease in the past and revealed that both organs are severely compromised at the moment.

Flex Wheeler is no stranger to health battles as the bodybuilding legend has survived several life-threatening scenarios. Back in 1994, Wheeler met with a near-fatal car accident that threatened a premature ending to a young and promising bodybuilding career. The accident left Wheeler with possible life-long paralysis and depression stemming from it. However, Wheeler built himself ground up and went on to become one of the most successful bodybuilders of his era.

Doctors diagnosed Wheeler with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a hereditary kidney disease, in 1999. Flex Wheeler underwent a kidney transplant in 2003, the year of his retirement, to treat the condition. There is speculation that Flex Wheeler might have sustained injuries in martial arts practice that he focused on post-retirement from bodybuilding.

The accumulation of damage in the car accident, pre-existing kidney disease, and martial arts led to circulatory vascular system problems and Wheeler underwent the partial amputation of his right leg in 2019.

Damn that’s awful. Sending good vibes his way.

Comment

Transplant recipients are at much greater susceptibility to get covid because the drugs they take to suppress organ rejection also suppress their immune response. They have to be extra careful with social distancing and getting vaccinated. Hope he pulls through.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers with flex. He’s a strong guy especially mentally it seems.

Comment

Weird insta page. He’s supposedly hanging onto life yet they’re subsequently advertising his 1:1 training and nutrition services

Comment

Working...
          X