Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a world full of Putins, be a Zelenskyy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a world full of Putins, be a Zelenskyy...

What a legend....

If he's killed he will be made a literal god in the hearts and minds of the people...

Putin fucked up big here.

I hope Taiwan is taking notes on how how to win the hearts and minds of the people around the world...

Comment

Did you hear his speech? "I need ammo, not a ride!" Pure gold.

Comment

Yup. Love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Did you hear his speech? "I need ammo, not a ride!" Pure gold.
          How about the soldier who told a Russian destroyer to go fuck itself. This is legendary shit.

​​​​​

Comment

Sounds like a good guy all around.

During his inaugural address in 2019, Zelensky told lawmakers: “I do not want my picture in your offices: the President is not an icon, an idol or a portrait. Hang your kids' photos instead, and look at them each time you are making a decision.”

Comment

You guys do know he/poroshenko has been bombing Ukrainian people including civilians in the Donbas since 2014 right? Dude’s not exactly a pure saint. I’m half Russian btw and know what has played out in eastern Ukraine. I have family from this region and know full well the situation, which you can to if you research it without using western media, who are well known liars. Poroshenko is literally pending charges for treasons war crimes for Despicable killings he caused on People there. You should do some research. There’s two sides to every coin. I’m not saying that Putin and the DPR are perfect l, because it’s impossible to know who provoked who first, then retaliated. But this guy is not what you think. Hell, it’s known that he/Ukrainian government has been involved in cleaning money/back door funneling money into American politicians pockets for years. It’s not even debatable. Has everyone forgot??

Comment

Bouncer This is a hard debate for me to convince someone of, because there is literally soo much western media propaganda due to the interests I mentioned above with the US government as well as other governments, who we all know control the media also, except maybe FOX but even them I think. Fox is to keep the other side pacified. Anyways, it’s damn near impossible to find the full undoctored situation, especially if you can’t translate or understand Russian language (most Ukrainians speak Russian also since it was all Russian land for the 20th century). Please just consider the other side and don’t call me a nazi or hitler or any other name calling. Just give it a thought and consider. I know that almost no one in America knows the TRUE history between these countries and this region because they’ve had absolutely no reason to care at all. It effects nothing in our day to day life. No offense, but I know Scrum is going to side with whatever his liberal media tells him, and others will side with whatever FOX or whatever, media tells them. Please ask yourselves a question… when all the globalists, billionaire’s, and new world order folks are cheering for only one team, and broadcasting from only one side….you should be concerned. That’s all I will say

Comment

I think you are reading me very wrong. By now, you should know that I am not a Democrat. I am way to the left of any Democratic position, which if you look at objectively, is just GOP-lite. If the Democrats were in Western Europe, they would classify as a center-right party. There is no "left" in the US of the kind that there is over there.

Moreover, you will find that the true "liberal" positions, not the stuff that the Democrats profess, isn't cheering this war. The far-left has always maintained that both the Dems and the Republicans are beholden to the military-industrial complex and they are quite pleased at this new opportunity to sell arms. Most of the people on the far-left are also pointing out the total hypocrisy of the West swooning over Ukraine while getting into bed with the Saudis while they have been bombing and starving the Yemenis for years, and supporting Israel every step of the way while they erect an apartheid state in Palestine. Both politicians and news commentators have literally said that this conflict is different because the people who are suffering are blond and blue-eyed just like them. The other day, Condoleeza Rice was on TV, wringing her hands about how Russia's actions were an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation. Irony is truly dead. I wonder what the million dead Iraqis, if they could speak, would think about invading sovereign countries.

So yeah, I think some of us can do both things. We can criticize the invasion of Ukraine by a madman and we can admire the courage of Zelensky (who by the way defeated Poroshenko) while at the same time call out the hypocrisy of the West. And yes, there is a fair bit of Nazi tendencies in Ukraine, led by the Azov Battalion, but I am not sure how much the Zelensky regime buys into that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall1019 View Post
                    You guys do know he/poroshenko has been bombing Ukrainian people including civilians in the Donbas since 2014 right? Dude’s not exactly a pure saint. I’m half Russian btw and know what has played out in eastern Ukraine. I have family from this region and know full well the situation, which you can to if you research it without using western media, who are well known liars. Poroshenko is literally pending charges for treasons war crimes for Despicable killings he caused on People there. You should do some research. There’s two sides to every coin. I’m not saying that Putin and the DPR are perfect l, because it’s impossible to know who provoked who first, then retaliated. But this guy is not what you think. Hell, it’s known that he/Ukrainian government has been involved in cleaning money/back door funneling money into American politicians pockets for years. It’s not even debatable. Has everyone forgot??
                    There are many intricacies that are lost in translation. Of that I am certain.

Certainly I also understand our media is pure grade A dog shit.

with that out of the way... lets discuss what I do understand quite well.. the economic situation in Russia currently and moving forward. I have always thought of Putin as a particularly clever operator. but this situation has forced me to rethink. what he's just done to his country financially will be just as devastating for him as it is for Ukraine. total economic collapse. it now takes 116 rubles to buy 1 usd. Russia has now closed it's stock market for a 3rd day but the collapse can still be tracked via the VanEck Russia ETF ticker symbol RSX. it's down 60% in 2 days. all this to get rid of some nazi group within Ukraine while lying about the invasion directly to world leaders faces in the days and weeks leading up? lol. not brilliant.

if you want a visualization and some context of just how bad this situation is for the Russian economy... the first red arrow on the left is the bottom of the March 2020 covid crash. the second red arrow on the right is today...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Sounds like a good guy all around.

During his inaugural address in 2019, Zelensky told lawmakers: “I do not want my picture in your offices: the President is not an icon, an idol or a portrait. Hang your kids' photos instead, and look at them each time you are making a decision.”
                      he's a funny fucker too.

"Russian tanks and other military equipment seized by civilians will not have to be reported as income, adding: "The value of this crap does not exceed the minimum thresholds"....

Comment

The average Russian that had any sort of "wealth"...

Comment

March 8 (Reuters) - Ukraine's military intelligence said on Tuesday that Ukrainian forces have killed a Russian general near the besieged city of Kharkiv, the second Russian senior commander to die in the invasion.

Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, first deputy commander of Russia's 41st army, was killed on Monday, the Chief Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine's defence ministry said in a statement.

Russia's defence ministry could not be immediately reached for comment. Reuters could not verify the report.

Another Russian general, Andrei Sukhovetsky, also a deputy commander of the 41st army, was reported killed at the end of February.

Ukraine says its forces have killed more than 11,000 Russian troops.

Comment

Funny how war changes things.. We are friends with this fella now...

"Venezuela's President Maduro describes talks with US officials as being 'respectful, cordial and very diplomatic'....

Comment

BREAKING: UK Defense Minister says Russia's military is 'way off their timetable' in Ukraine and is getting 'more desperate'

Comment

Working...
                              X