Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help....

I'm thinking about buying a laptop and I heard you can get them with the wireless web card already installed now. How does that work? Do you have to be in a place that has a signal to pick up the web or does it pick it up from a beam off a tower like a cell phone does?

wireless webcard? like intel's centrino? its like the "wave of the future" idea from then... basically like a cellphone...

Comment

is intel cintrino a new type of processor?

Comment

nope its a mobile technology designed and created by intel the chip manufacturer, basically long distance wireless LANing (WAN) and satillite technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Natty
          nope its a mobile technology designed and created by intel the chip manufacturer, basically long distance wireless LANing (WAN) and satillite technology.
          Is it very expensive?

Comment

the laptops and centrino is not expensive really however they have not created the network it will run on yet...

Comment

No. Its so that you can hook up to wireless web that's installed in your home. To do something like have a long distance cell phone is going to take quite a while longer.

Comment

I just went to gateway's site and they have quite a few notebooks that feature intel cintrino technology!! Cool!! Now for my next question? What is a pentium M processor as compared to a pentium 4?

Comment

Pentium M is pentium mobile - for laptops
                  Pentium 4 is for PC's

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    Pentium M is pentium mobile - for laptops
                    Pentium 4 is for PC's
                    Well I noticed that some of the laptops have pentium 4's and some have M's!! Is there a difference in the speed of one over the other? Which is better?

Comment

the M's are smaller, they also require less energy, and run cooler and require a smaller cooling fan. so they can make laptops smaller, more compact with more features.

Comment

the M's are smaller, they also require less energy, and run cooler and require a smaller cooling fan. so they can make laptops smaller, more compact with more features.
                        Cool...does it run as fast as the 4's do?

Comment

ive seen both and as long as they are the same clock speed i couldnt tell a difference.

Comment

ive seen both and as long as they are the same clock speed i couldnt tell a difference.
                            Cool, thanks Natty!! I love this shit...new technology amazes me!!! :)

Comment

Yep. It dosn't take much to impress the old guys :woot:

Comment

Working...
                              X