Hockey Picks For Wed 3/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Picks For Wed 3/24

Went 3-2 last nite as the Wings couldnt stop a shot in the 3rd.

todays picks are:

Dallas Stars over Edmonton ML +103

Both teams are playing great now, but I think Dallas is winning better than Edmonton is. Dallas won 4-0 in Calgary scoring 3 goals in one period against Kiprusoff in Calgary is very impressive. They also won at home against a hot St.Louis team which is also good. The Oilers only good victory during their 5 game win streak was against the Sharks in San Jose. Their last 2 home games were close games against Columbus and San Jose, and their last game on Monday was a close 2-1 game against a slumping King team.

Both team’s offenses are scoring goals, with Dallas probably facing better defensive competition than the Oilers have been lately. The Stars are also getting better defensive and goaltending than the Oilers are. Edmonton’s given up an average of 2 goals per game in their last 5 games which is good, but Turco has given up just 1 goal total in his last 3 starts against the Nucks, Blues, and Flames. Turco is 5-2-2 with a 1.43 GAA in March. As a team (Turco and Tugnutt starting) the Stars have given up 1 goal or less in 4 of their last 5 games.

O/U Parlay: Minnesota/Columbus under 4.5 & Calgary/Phoenix under 5.0 +273

Gonna keep playing the under when the Wild are on the road, as the under is 8-1 in Minnesota's last 9 road games. Minnesota has scored 2 goals or less in 8 of their last 9 road games scoring a total of just 10 goals in those 9 games. Marc Denis has not played that good lately but he does have good history against the Wild posting a 2.06 lifetime GAA against Minny, and is 3-0-1 with a 0.97 GAA lifetime at home against the Wild, so I'll cross my fingers on Denis playing well on this one. Columbus’ offense has been pretty much up and down lately on the road trip. I'm expecting the offense to be low scoring tonight against the Wild because Roloson will probably get the start tonight. Roloson has given up 2 goals or less in 9 of his last 10 starts for a 1.57 GAA and 2 goals or less in his last 4 road starts for a 1.73 GAA. Roloson has a 1.79 GAA lifetime against the Jackets and a 1.95 GAA in 2 games vs. the Bluejackets this season. Roloson has a 1.89 GAA in two career games in Columbus.

Phoenix’s offense hasn’t been producing much lately. The Coyotes has scored 2 goals or less in 8 of their last 9 games with the only game they’ve scored 3 goals coming in overtime in Minnesota. Tonight they’ll be shooting against Kiprusoff, who is looking to rebound from a bad night against the stars where he gave up 3 goals. Whenever Kiprusoff gives up 3 goals or more in a game this season, he’s always bounced back by giving up 2 goals or less the next game after. Phoenix’s goaltending and defense has been a bit better lately, giving up 2 goals or less in each their last 3 games. Brent Johnson will most likely get the start tonight. Johnson has yet to give up more than 3 goals in a start as a Coyote this season has he has a 2.33 GAA in his last 5 starts. Calgary’s offense has sputtered lately scoring just 3 goals total in their last 3 home games against Dallas, Columbus, and Nashville. Dallas is understandable, but Columbus and Nashville? The only reason why I’m parlaying this is because Calgary is back on the road, and there’s that possibility that they might snap out of their offense slump away from home. The under is 4-0-1 in Calgary’s last 5 games and 6-1-2 in Phoenix’s last 9 games.

I like Dallas and Montreal, both moneyline. I'd parlay em for a smaller bet too.

Comment

Montreal played a shit game in Buffalo tonight. I was banking on their streak of 7 straight losses in Buffalo ending tonight...but instead their win streak ended.

Comment

Working...
      X