questions about over weight people??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about over weight people??

why is it that they complain about being over weight but dont do nothing about it? and they go to mcdonalds and get a super size meal and a diet coke?

Habits are hard to break, I'm guessing.....smoking, overeating, whatever.

Comment

if it were easy for them,they would never be fat in the first place,don't you think?Been there,not easy.

Comment

There are many reasons why people are over weight, Some are medical, some genetic, Some people are depressed and fall into a pattern of eating and not exercising. Remember nobody wants to be Fat and made fun of and snickered at when people look at them. Hear in the United States we have 30 years of fast food and super sizing and Television. Fitness is a lot of work and the older you get the more work it is. It requires dedication and sacrifice. People grow up with all these pit falls and obstacles and realize there fat and out of shape and now they have to change 30 years of habits and alter an entire life style that they grew up believing was OK, Now some will jump on the fitness wagon but many will fail and become depressed or acquire all the medical problems that go along with Obesity. Try to have some companion and realize there may be reasons for a persons condition. Nobody wants to be Obese and out of shape to the point they cant breath and walk at the same time or there legs ace from a day of holding up there body weight. It is never as simple as stop eating and start exercising. If it was everyone would do it
        Last edited by Timber; 08-26-03, 07:39 PM.

Comment

no what i am trying to get at is most complain but dont act

Comment

hardest part about working out for me was getting started,maybe they just can't get over that hurdle.Plus,you ever tasted a fucking pizza,or burger,or burrito?Them shits is tastey,and no amount of broccoli will satisfy the greasy flavors.

Comment

Good response Timber! I have nothing else to add to that! :D

Comment

look at it like an addiction, the worst addiction. if a drug addict gets clean he cuts drugs out of his/her life for good. someone who is addicted to food always has to ration there addiction. that would be like a heroin addict saying i'll only shoot up once a week.

Comment

Great example, edvedr

Comment

well the reason i asked this is b/c i never understood how hard it was

Comment

ya man bad habits

Comment

It's not simply bad habbits, but bad information. Look at all of the "popular" diets out there and tell me if you could train and get into decent shape on them? I've done many and combined them with shitty training many times.

Some people tend to put weight on much easier than others and when they try to follow the typical diets and exercise programs they fail and they get frustrated and quit. Been there and done that myself. For SOME it's like you work sooo damn hard only to reach a certain point and fall backwards because what you're doing doesn't work anymore no matter how hard you try....so then you say fuck it.

I wish there was a way to get it across to people HOW to eat and train. There's just too much bad info out there. And, not much money to be made commercially by following a clean diet.

Training is a whole other issue, especially for women. Women's only gyms (those are what most overweight women will tend to go to) have the WORST training advice out there. Sure....go light and do 40 reps on all body parts 4 times a week...GRRRRRRRRRRR.

And believe me...the older you get the harder it is to change your body. Now....please hand me my cane and pass me the...

Comment

That is also another good point, An over weight man might have the confidence to step into a public gym to work out but an overweight woman is a totally different story. I mean lets face it woman don’t like public gyms in the 1st place for the most part especially if there not in top condition. The most brutal people in the gym also seem to be the people in the worst shape too. but they are also the short lifers in the gym too. It is very difficult to put yourself on display in front of the public and let people see how out of shape you are, You feel defeated before you even begin.

What is the nice thing though and this is my advice to anyone who is afraid of the public gym, The nicest and most helpful people are the ones that are in the best shape. They have already walked the path of hard work and dedication and sacrifice. These are the people that recognize the 1st step and know how difficult the journey is. It can take a lot of courage to walk through the front door and make the 1st step to change your life

Comment

All this talk about obiese people being outa shape. There not outa shape. Round is a shape :eek:

Comment

i work out at bally's here and they play this commercial that I always think, this is the general thinking of the US popluation...

"DOn't you just hate those people who can eat anything and still look great in a bikini?" "Talk to a Bally's personal trainer today to get a jump start on binkini season"

THOSE WOMEN THAT LOOK GREAT DON'T JUST EAT ANYTHING- AND I GUARANTEE THAT THEY ARE VERY ACTIVE!!!!

I have girls all the time asking me what I do and I don't even look as great as most of the girls on here. I've been lifting weights since 16 so that's 11 years and I've been athletic my ENTIRE life. I played soccer, and softball on top of all my gymnastics training. I wish more people knew that it's a life choice parents give their children... it doesn't just start once you've noticed that you've gained 5 extra pounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X