Computer memory. Buying dell tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer memory. Buying dell tonight!

What does higher memory actually do for your computer? Does it make it faster?

Im ordering a dell tonight over the net, but I need to know this first. Thanks,GM.;)

Yes, speeds up your system keeps it from bogging down. At the least get 512mb

Comment

Thanks alot bouncer.;) Im glad you kinda talked me into getting a dell. You only live once right, why settle for less?;)

Comment

If I'm not mistaken this is how the memory works. Your computer brings in the info sends it to the memory and then sends it to your monitor. So the less memory you have the more times it has to fill up and the rest has to wait until it clears the memory card.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser
          Yes it speeds your computer up. I would say 512mb would be a minimum for a new computer running XP. You can get by with 128mb but your performance will go down and if you're like me you'll be frusturated.

I have a Compaq that came with 128, the fucker went down and slowed down. Now I bought a memory chip and now have 256mb but the suckie thing is that is has been freezing the mouse, everything works weel but its the mouse that freezes and the only way to control everything is through the mouse.

Comment

Did you never learn how to use your Ctrl and Alt keys?

Comment

yes, gotta go with 512

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                Did you never learn how to use your Ctrl and Alt keys?
                me yeah, thats what i use to close a program

Comment

My brothers comp has 4 512 sticks in it. Don't think you need any where near that much but he also got them for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser
                    he must have dual processors then, because most boards can only hold 1Gig of ram.
                    I don't know, maybe. He has friend that runs the IT department at Texas A&M that hooks him up with all sorts of high tech crap.

Comment

I got 1GB of memory, is that enough?:) Damn thing costed over 6 gees! 21 inch ultrasharp screen too.:) Its got the best of everything.

I just got sick and tired of trying to accept crappy laptops so I got the best one possible.:D

Comment

I have a compaq and it SUCKS!!!! We've had it worked on numerous times already and it's still slow. I've only had it for about a year, and it's about time to get a new one. I will never get a compaq again!

Comment

HOLY F*CK! 6K for a laptop....did that include the DELL dude too?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
                            I got 1GB of memory, is that enough?:) Damn thing costed over 6 gees! 21 inch ultrasharp screen too.:) Its got the best of everything.
                            I'm assuming that your 21in screen is actually an external 21in monitor. That is a pretty bad ass laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
                              I just got sick and tired of trying to accept crappy laptops so I got the best one possible.:D
                              Did you ever see that computer commercial where the guy was buying the best computer on the market and by the time he was driving home from the store a newer and better one came out. That's you:D

*Points at GM*

"Dude, You got fucked by Dell" :rofl: j/k man nice comp/

Comment

Working...
                              X