Weird Question..about "beer" bellys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Question..about "beer" bellys..

Okay this is something I have wondered for a long time. Often I see middle aged men with protruding bellys that look as though they are pregnant. Like a rock hard belly that doesnt jiggle around, it just seriously looks like a preg. womans belly does.

What causes this (besides bad eating/drinking etc..) and why is it hard and not soft and pudgy. Have the internal organs pushed themselves outward and why are these types of bellys so huge and hang over the pants.

If anyone can give me some answers to this rediculous (but REAL QUESTION) please enlighten me.....

hrmmmm.........how profound? I have wondered that too. :confused:

Comment

The hardness I believe is from the abdominal wall being stretch really tight.

Comment

Re: Weird Question..about "beer" bellys..

Originally posted by Taleigh21
        Okay this is something I have wondered for a long time. Often I see middle aged men with protruding bellys that look as though they are pregnant. Like a rock hard belly that doesnt jiggle around, it just seriously looks like a preg. womans belly does.

What causes this (besides bad eating/drinking etc..) and why is it hard and not soft and pudgy. Have the internal organs pushed themselves outward and why are these types of bellys so huge and hang over the pants.

If anyone can give me some answers to this rediculous (but REAL QUESTION) please enlighten me.....
        well, the fact that the stomach gets bigger is just part of the male distribution of fat (like the females is the hips and butt). It got the name beer belly because when a somebody drinks a lot per day the body burns off the alcohol as energy so any extra intake of calories does straight to fat. so the beer doesn't actually make you fat, its all the extra eating those types of guys usually do that makes them tubby. why it is hard and not soft, I have no idea.

Comment

there are two kinds of abdominal fat.

fat depositied on top of the muscle in the abdomen (soft squishy fat) hardest to lose and less dangerous

fat depostied under the muscle(hard because the muscle is first) easier to lose and alot more dangerous

Comment

I used to know alot of guys with those thypes of stomachs, they were all 40 and older. And I said to myself that I would never have a stomach like that. Not even a small one. I will work my stomach so that my abs show all the time.

Comment

I have abs on top of a gut much like Coleman or titus. I dont drink beer though. Fucking GH. Sana always makes fun of me.

Comment

Does she poke your belly too?

Comment

Man, yea, I've wondered about this too.

LD

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser
                    Its genetics. Some men store fat under the muscles, some store it over.
                    I guess that where I store my fat then in the offseason. Because I never really get fat, I get bloated and my stomach extends out but my abs stay. I mean there not as cut as they are when im dieting but you can still see them. Weird. I never knew that.

Comment

BOUNCER HAS GH GUT!!! BOUNCER HAS GH GUT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timma
                        Does she poke your belly too?
                        Attached Files

Comment

It seems that the guys who have these bellys gain them at the expense of their ass. I swear I could kick some of these guys in the seat of their pants and connect with nothing.

Comment

fat depositied on top of the muscle in the abdomen (soft squishy fat) hardest to lose and less dangerous

fat depostied under the muscle(hard because the muscle is first) easier to lose and alot more dangerous

The way I understand it subcutaneous fat is stored under the skin and visceral fat is stored around the organs.

Comment

Originally posted by New&motivated

The way I understand it subcutaneous fat is stored under the skin and visceral fat is stored around the organs.

Okay...wasn't this already posted by Pudgy??

Comment

Working...
                              X