EMERGENCY: lOWERING BLOOD PRSSURE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMERGENCY: lOWERING BLOOD PRSSURE!!!

I have a friend that needs to have as low as a BP as possible tomorow. What would help her lower it between now and tomorrow?

sit in a tub of ice water??? i dunno

Comment

Your mental state has a lot to do with bloodpressure, she should remain calm and think nice thoughts, maybe do some meditation. Also, when you lay on your left side, your b.p. will be at it's lowest. Um....avoid salty stuff too. I have b.p. meds, but I can't get them to ya o/n.

Outta curiosity, why does she need it as low as possible tomorrow?

Comment

:eek:

Comment

Short of taking a BP med (risky!), a mild sedative will help lower BP. Try to get ahold of Valium or Ativan. 1mg ativan or 5mg Valium will have a calming effect that will lower BP. A low dose of yohimbe will also lower BP (but low dose only...high dose is known to have the opposite effect). Meditating immediately before having BP checked, including slow and deep breathing, will help as well.

Comment

tell her to donate some blood... that will do it.

Comment

My blood pressure has been dropping constantly bro, what can happen when u got low blood pressure.:confused:

Comment

Looks like I'm a lil late on this one.
                Story of my life actually *lol*

But, I will add that if she has high blood pressure as the norm..
                ... she shouldn't continue ignoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE JUICE
                  My blood pressure has been dropping constantly bro, what can happen when u got low blood pressure.:confused:
                  heart attack... pulmonary distress... coma... you know... bad stuff.
                  Drink more water and go see a doc.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnypuppy
                    heart attack... pulmonary distress... coma... you know... bad stuff.
                    Drink more water and go see a doc.

Pulmonary means on the lung right bro, cause if it does Ive had troubles breathing at times. At times Im afraid of that happening to me at night cause im afraid of nt waking up.

Comment

Outta curiosity, why does she need it as low as possible tomorrow? [/B][/QUOTE]

She needs to have a low blood pressure for her physical. She has kind of a high one and she's joining some adidas soccer team.

Comment

I don't know if she's able to change it overnight like that, but if she's been running a high b.p. she really needs to work on getting it down. My bp used to average in the 160's/120's and was put on strong meds for years. It went up when I was pregnant (that's called pre-eclampsia, but it didn't go away after I gave birth). However, in the last 6 months I finally got off the meds...diet, exercise, and stress reduction is the only thing that worked for me. Diet and exercise are longer acting, so the only thing I need to focus on is stress at times...I can litterally feel my bp go up when I'm upset (or in pain)...I have a monitor and will check it, and mentally destress until it's in the normal range again.

Comment

I hope it works for her...

Comment

Working...
                          X