Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I don't understand about movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I don't understand about movies...

When there having a chase scene and a car catches up to a motorcycle on an open highway. I was watching Fled the other night and they had a damn Lincoln Town Car keep up with 2 Ducati 916's. I'm watching Mission Impossible 2 right now and this Land Rover caught up to a Triumph street bike and bump it. What kind of shit is that?

tom cruise can't ride bikes, no clue about fled.

Comment

it's the same as how they never have to reload after letting 30 rounds out of a 11 mag pistol. "movie magic" my friend, ain't it great?

Comment

That's true and they are getting alot better about at least showing them reload some of the time. In that instance, there can be an asumption of reloading when the camera's not on them. But for a car to catch a fast ass motorcycle is just unrealistic whether a camera is on them or not.

Comment

Re: One thing I don't understand about movies...

Originally posted by Shibby
          When there having a chase scene and a car catches up to a motorcycle on an open highway. I was watching Fled the other night and they had a damn Lincoln Town Car keep up with 2 Ducati 916's. I'm watching Mission Impossible 2 right now and this Land Rover caught up to a Triumph street bike and bump it. What kind of shit is that?
          Its movie magic baby!!!:D :eek:

Comment

I was thinking that same exact thing today watching Undercover Brother. LOL The white she-devil was on her motorcycle with two of her goons and they couldn't catch a 1970s car. LOL

Comment

Anyone who has ridden a powerful bike and knows how to handle it can attest that no Lincoln is going to keep up with a Ducati 1000.

Comment

What you have to realize is that if the person got away then movie would probably end! It's the same with horror movies...when someone is running from the killer they always fall! In the Friday 13th and Halloween movies people were running from Jason and Micheal but these guys would just be walking and end up catching them!

Comment

^ My thoughts exactly!

Or when people are running from cars, they always run in a straight line rather than going down side streets or changing direction!

Comment

or how cars seem to take forever to start up when they're trying to get away until the very last second, even though they were just driving it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishgirl
                      ^ My thoughts exactly!

Or when people are running from cars, they always run in a straight line rather than going down side streets or changing direction!
                      Just like the fat kid in the movie Christine, right? That scene gets me every time. I'm like run there, dude. The Belvedere's gonna hit you.

LD

Comment

I like when the cars squeel their tires in the dirt....lol

Comment

I was watching "Joy Ride" last night and enjoying how they run from a semi in a corn field... and they all run straight. Couldn't they really run 2 feet into the corn field hang a hard right or left and walk out and be home free. The truck wouldn't see 'em, so he'd keep barreling through the corn field and they could walk away clean. MORONS lol

Comment

:rofl: I love that part where there sitting in the car and the one guy yells "I got a gun" and he's just holding up his fingers like you would do when your 3 to represent having a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by r_deese
                              I was watching "Joy Ride" last night and enjoying how they run from a semi in a corn field... and they all run straight. Couldn't they really run 2 feet into the corn field hang a hard right or left and walk out and be home free. The truck wouldn't see 'em, so he'd keep barreling through the corn field and they could walk away clean. MORONS lol
                              :agree: Ya see...there is common sense, which would tell you to do that...then there is movie sense! If they all used common sense the movie would be over in like 15 minutes! But with movie sense you do stupid shit that eventually ends up getting you killed or kidnapped or whatever!

Comment

Working...
                              X