Anyone ever go skydiving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever go skydiving?

Has anyone ever been skydiving or toyed with the thought of going? Thoughts on your first tandem jump.

I went for the first time a year or so ago. Pretty freakin cool. Dunno though if I could ever get the nerve to go through all the classes and jump out by myself.

Gonna go again in August.

I don't think I could ever do that, I'm not good on airplanes as it is...let alone jumping out of one. nah i'll pass

A few of my friends did it and loved it though...not my type of deal there though. I'd have to be thrown out

Comment

I'd love to do it, and almost did for my birthday last year. But I don't want to be strapped to some guys back. If I go i'm pulling the cords myself. I'd also like to try bungee jumping.

-Brian

Comment

I did a tandem jump and the adrenaline rush I got almost made me pass out when we reached the ground. Shortly after, I started taking the AFF classes to get my license. I made it to jump 4 before I said "You know this is just too f'n scary".

The downside to skydiving is that once you do it....that's it. There is nothing more intense that you can do. It actually cured me of my thrill-seeking tendencies.

Comment

I would love to go skydiving. Can't though kind of afraid of heights.

Comment

Originally posted by jaypee
            I made it to jump 4 before I said "You know this is just too f'n scary"
            Yep, I can handle doing a tandem jump but I'm too much of a wuss to do it by myself.

If anyone has ever thought of doing it and think you would like it, do it. You won't regret it and if the place you go does videos of the jumps. Get one they are pretty cool. My turned out pretty good. You can show your friends and family.

Comment

I did a tandem jump and loved it. I would definately take the classes if i had time and money so i could jump by myself. We did flips and turns and stuff. It was really fun. I fully recommend it.

Comment

I think I'd like to try it, but I don't think I'd ever do it by myself. I'd probably freak out and not the cord, or pull it the second I got out or something, nevermind trying to land! I'd rather just enjoy the experience and have someone else worrying about getting us to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishgirl
                  I think I'd like to try it, but I don't think I'd ever do it by myself. I'd probably freak out and not the cord, or pull it the second I got out or something, nevermind trying to land! I'd rather just enjoy the experience and have someone else worrying about getting us to safety.
                  Fuck yea, i'd love to go skydiving and bungee jumping, we can do it together babydoll ;)

Comment

Fuck no. Im fine on airplanes because I fly alot but I will be damned if im going to jump out of one. Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                      Fuck no. Im fine on airplanes because I fly alot but I will be damned if im going to jump out of one. Hell no.
                      Oh c'mon

there's nothing wrong with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by phishmon
                        Oh c'mon

there's nothing wrong with jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
                        im not concerned about the airplane. lol. im concerned about the pack not opening or something. haha

Comment

It's the best experience. The free fall is such a fucking rush, and then when you pull the cord and are floating around up there, it's the most peaceful feeling. The best of both worlds.

Comment

Yea it is definitely the best of both worlds. I enjoyed the float down just as much too. Perfect end to that adrenaline rush.

It's almost like a spiritual feeling when you're floating down.

Comment

Working...
                            X