NBA Champs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Champs!

Congratulations to the Pistons! I am a fan of Western Conference basketball, like the open high-scoring style much better but I must admit the Pistons really did a number of the Lakers.

I can't believe how amateurish the Lakers looked all series - except for Shack who was a monster throughout, and Kobe who did ok in the early games, the rest of the Lakers were a no-show.

I was impressed by Ben Wallace - he is a rebounding monster. I was impressed that on almost every missed shot, he managed to get a hand on the rebound or was really close. Reminded me most of Rodman who always had the knack of near-perfect rebounding positioning, which is the highest compliment any rebounder can get.

Other than defensive intensity, I thought the Pistons were just half a step ahead of the Lakers throughout, plus they ran the Lakers ragged. Hard to imagine I would be saying that about an Eastern conference team, but for sure these Lakers aren't the showtime Lakers. The tired veteran legs showed, especially for Payton who was really showed up by the Pistons guards.

All in all, a good series to watch and I am happy for Larry Brown!

Well, ironically this was still a lame/boring series but not going the direction I expected. The Pistons simply turned on their A game and took it to them no holds barred. Congrats to Chauncey Billups on your MVP before you're even an All Star. Awesome job

Comment

truly amazing.....all that needs to be said about this!

Comment

Well I just have to say wow, the Lakers got their asses kicked bad too. Poor Karl Malone and Gary Payton took less money and couldn't get the job done.

Congrats to the Pistons, Larry Brown did a great job.

Comment

I told you all that the Pistons would win it!

Comment

After watching that series....it's obvious why Payton and Malone don't have any championships to their names...they both choke in big games!!! The Lakers made a mistake in adding these two guys to their roster....Payton and Malone are tainted with the aura of failure.

Comment

In defense of Malone, he was hurt for a good portion of the year. Payton on the other hand is past his prime and that was amply evident when he couldn't guard anyone who was even remotely quick. To compound this, he whined and was totally poisonous for team chemistry.

The Lakers don't need to have a shopping sale, like most guys are saying. They need to add a couple of young guys who can actually do something other than disappear and ensure that Malone and Kobe are re-signed (may be easier said than done). They need to dump Payton and get a decent point guard who does not have to do anything fancy but a) stop penetration, b) ensure Shaq gets the ball on every possession and draw the double team and c) move to the open spot on the floor and knock down open jump shots semi-reliably. In other words, don't try to be creative, just defend and get your money man the ball.

If the Lakers do this, the will be back in the finals next year. For some strange reason, everyone seems to be discussing gutting the team and retooling which I think is an over reaction.

Comment

Scrumhalf, I agree with what you're saying except for the part about re-signing Malone. He's just too old now.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                  I told you all that the Pistons would win it!
                  Hey man you called it all along, I doubted you at first by now we all see who the better team was. Nice call man...good to see the east win their first since my Bulls last did :D

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                    Scrumhalf, I agree with what you're saying except for the part about re-signing Malone. He's just too old now.
                    I agree Malone is old, but I really think that if he was healthy, the Lakers could have been much more effective in the fnals. I don't know how bad his knee is, but if Malone can become 100% in the offseason, I don't see why the Lakers wouldn't give him another 1 year. I agree that it is a risk because he may never be 100% again.

Comment

At that age, you just don't bounce back from knee surgery well enough to play in the NBA at 100%. Remember, Malone is a pretty big guy (260 lbs)...his knees take a pounding running the court and landing after a jump.

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                        Hey man you called it all along, I doubted you at first by now we all see who the better team was. Nice call man...good to see the east win their first since my Bulls last did :D
                        :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Comment

Working...
                        X