No announcement yet.

Possible NBA Trade - Tracey McGrady to The Huston Rockets for Steve Francis +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible NBA Trade - Tracey McGrady to The Huston Rockets for Steve Francis +

Possible NBA Trade - Tracey McGrady to The Huston Rockets for Steve Francis +

Many of the past few days rumors are surfacing all over the place. ESPN.com reported that the trade is pretty close. There are a few other teams that might have a shot, but Huston can afford to give up quite a bit of talent in return.

I think this makes the Magic a much better team with Steve Francis and some good talented role players who already know each other. Take that and add a healthy Okofur, as the first pick in the draft and you can have a potential threat in the East. Being a NY Knick fan, my team can use the week confrence to its advantage, but I want to see the east get stronger and more competitive.

Here are a bunch of news links from this mornings rumors in todays papers.

~ed~
    Rockets ready to grab McGrady
    June 22
    Chicago Tribune columnist Sam Smith: "Orlando Magic All-Star Tracy McGrady appears headed to the Houston Rockets in a massive player exchange that includes fellow All-Star Steve Francis and veterans Cuttino Mobley and Chicago native Juwan Howard... It remains unclear whom the Magic would select No. 1—the speculation is Okafor, who could play a more natural power forward next to Cato."

For full story click here.

Rockets near deal for McGrady
    June 22
    Houston Chronicle: "In an exchange of one of the NBA's top point guards for perhaps its most dynamic scorer, the Rockets were close Monday to sending Steve Francis to the Orlando Magic for two-time scoring champion Tracy McGrady."

T-Mac, Francis deal in works
    June 22
    Orlando Sentinel: "The Orlando Magic were working on a blockbuster deal Monday to send all-star guard Tracy McGrady -- and perhaps as many as three other Magic players -- to the Houston Rockets."

Magic, Rockets near deal
    June 22
    Florida Today: "The Orlando Magic and Houston Rockets are apparently on the verge of pulling off a blockbuster trade involving All-Stars Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis and several others, according to Francis' agent."

McGrady Likely to Team With Yao in Houston
    June 22
    New York Times: "The Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic engaged in talks that would send the Magic's superstar, Tracy McGrady, and three other players to Houston for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato."

that would be a good thing for the rockets... the magic will probably move up a couple spots, but still sit near the bottom of the east.

Comment

This will be a GREAT move for the Rockets. I don't know anyone in this town that likes Steve Francis.

Comment

listening to the spots talk radio here in NYC, rumor is that Orlando is getting cold feet and might pull out of this situation.

Comment

well, mcgrady is up for bids next season anyway... i don't think they'll pull out or they could end up losing him and not getting crap in return. They will wait a few days and see if they get anymore offers first, but if none come,they'll go through with it

Comment

I heard that Francis said he is not gonna play for Orlando, god he is such a whinny bitch

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
              I heard that Francis said he is not gonna play for Orlando, god he is such a whinny bitch
              i hate the attitude of some of these athletes and the way they complain. i can understand if you have some credentials and pro championships to back it up but the guys in todays sports are just spoiled brats.

Comment

Well I wanna see one of these guys not have a team to play for whether it be Francis..or Terrel Owens or Keyshawn Johson ....whoever.

They have no clue that they have it made. I know it's alot of hard work and all to be a professional athlete but come on thats just ridiculous. I work my ass off just to be able to get by.....and these guys are making millions and bitching about it. Thats just not right

Comment

Working...
                X