Huge crock of shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge crock of shit!

What the hell is the deal with the weight/height charts everybody from schools to insurance companies use now? I'm 5'10'' and 224 lbs. my calves,neck and biceps all tape at 17.5" cold or a little over, I can bench my body weight for reps and run a mile while talking and never get outta breath. Who the fuck are they making these charts/guidelines for? According to them I should weigh 160 lbs! WTF!

http://www.weightchart.org/ht_wt_chart700.gif

Re: Huge crock of shit!

Originally posted by decadecadeca
    What the hell is the deal with the weight/height charts everybody from schools to insurance companies use now? I'm 5'10'' and 224 lbs. my calves,neck and biceps all tape at 17.5" cold or a little over, I can bench my body weight for reps and run a mile while talking and never get outta breath. Who the fuck are they making these charts/guidelines for? According to them I should weigh 160 lbs! WTF!

its for people who dont workout bro. those are just healthy weights for people to be at that dont train.

Comment

Do you think those are healthy weights though? It says a small frame guy at 5'10" should be 144lbs. That seems like a sick little bastard to me.

Comment

you're overweight.

Comment

Ok, that solves that then........

Comment

Well, i fall into the "small" category for my height and its by no means unhealthy....

Comment

i went in for a physical about a year ago with a new doctor. he told me i was 50lbs over-weight - i told him he was an idiot and walked out.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
                i went in for a physical about a year ago with a new doctor. he told me i was 50lbs over-weight - i told him he was an idiot and walked out.
                FATASS!:rofl:

My Dr. couldn't say crap, he's a little rollie pollie guy to start with

Comment

They told me I need to gain weight. So now i'm at 180, 6'2"

Comment

Re: Huge crock of shit!

Originally posted by decadecadeca

Well I guess you'll have to go on a serious cutting cycle! :rofl:

Law enforcement and the military have that same tired old bullshit. Bouncer's right, it is for people who aren't physically active or well built. That's why those scales that tell you your bodyfat% don't work for us either. If you have an issue with health insurance or a job physical survey just get a doctor to give you a complete physical workup with the VO2, treadmill, cholesterol and all of that crap and shove it in their faces. They can't legally overide a qualified medical opinion and raise your premiums.

Comment

what is a crock ? i always wondered that. Is it just a measurment of shit ? Or is it like a crock pot. And if it is, why would someone put shit in a crock pot. We cook some pretty gross stuff in the south but noone here cooks shit. That's nasty !

Comment

My goal is to be morbidly obese on a BMI. I am only 20lbs away. I am 6'2'' 230 lbs at about 13%. This cycle I should hit 240lbs @ 10 % if I diet right.
                        Last edited by shortz; 06-25-04, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pudgy
                          what is a crock ? i always wondered that. Is it just a measurment of shit ? Or is it like a crock pot. And if it is, why would someone put shit in a crock pot. We cook some pretty gross stuff in the south but noone here cooks shit. That's nasty !
                          The spelling is 'crock' - so if you use the wordwizard resources you will find plenty of clues. Using 'croc' you won't get much further than the teeth!

The 'what a crock!' expression seems to be popular in american English, meaning 'what rubbish!'

In Australia, one can hear'what a crock of shit!' with a similar sense - the crock being presumably in the sense of an earthenware vessel (cf. crockery).

In British English, a 'crock' is something that is broken or worn out - in particular the word is popularly used for an old car (automobile) especially when defects may have been disguised in an attempt to sell to an unsuspecting buyer - but in earlier times the word seemed to have a wider range of uses.

Another guess is..."What a crock!", is only part of the original expression. To fully understand the whole expression, you would have to be familiar with homes that had no indoor plumbing, and they used "thunder mugs" in the middle of the night, that were of a crockery material. The contents of the crock, was quite smelly. Therefore, the saying goes: That is a crock of S**t.

Comment

Im a porkchop it says..

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
                              The spelling is 'crock' - so if you use the wordwizard resources you will find plenty of clues. Using 'croc' you won't get much further than the teeth!

The 'what a crock!' expression seems to be popular in american English, meaning 'what rubbish!'

In Australia, one can hear'what a crock of shit!' with a similar sense - the crock being presumably in the sense of an earthenware vessel (cf. crockery).

In British English, a 'crock' is something that is broken or worn out - in particular the word is popularly used for an old car (automobile) especially when defects may have been disguised in an attempt to sell to an unsuspecting buyer - but in earlier times the word seemed to have a wider range of uses.

Another guess is..."What a crock!", is only part of the original expression. To fully understand the whole expression, you would have to be familiar with homes that had no indoor plumbing, and they used "thunder mugs" in the middle of the night, that were of a crockery material. The contents of the crock, was quite smelly. Therefore, the saying goes: That is a crock of S**t.

Shortz, that was deep, man.... :wacko:

Comment

Working...
                              X