Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid crap installing itself on my computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid crap installing itself on my computer!

When ever I go on certain websites I always get crap collected on my computer which I have to delete later. How can I stop this from happening?

I then go into add/remove programs and it is full of crap that I have to delete. The other day I went on a website and it installed an extra toolbar on my internet all on its own!

I need to know how to avoid these things from happening.

Thanks to anyone who has advice.

get a spyware thing I think...I have spy sweeper, works great

Comment

get Ad-Aware... http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

there's a freeware version. download that and updated it and run it often.

Comment

Thanks alot, GM.

Comment

Originally posted by sana

run it once a week and it will get rid of them for you

Comment

...also a good pop-up killer and firewall....I don't know what free ones to recommend because the ones that I have were part of a software package, but someone will chime in and give you some free ware options. A good firewall will notify youwhen someone or something is trying to gain access to your comp. or when programs of your own are trying to access the internet w/o you knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by blm9376
              ...also a good pop-up killer and firewall....I don't know what free ones to recommend because the ones that I have were part of a software package, but someone will chime in and give you some free ware options. A good firewall will notify youwhen someone or something is trying to gain access to your comp. or when programs of your own are trying to access the internet w/o you knowing.

Sweet, I have that on the new computer I ordered. I will have it in 2 weeks. Should I also install ad-aware even though I have firewall etc, or is firewall all you need?

Comment

i use spybot , it was free and it is working great for me

Comment

Originally posted by sana

Another good spyware killer is Spybot Search & Destroy. I don't have the URL handy, but a quick google search should turn it up. On my system it seems to find things that Ad-Aware missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
                    Should I also install ad-aware even though I have firewall etc, or is firewall all you need?
                    Yes, download ad-aware as well. Even though you have a firewall and pop-up killer, you will unfortunately still get spyware slipped into your registry when you visit certain sites. Ad-aware is cheap, easy to use, and it works.

Comment

Mozilla.com is great. No popups, easy browsing.

Comment

Ad-aware is great.

Comment

Working...
                        X