Long time TDY...Will sex be wierd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time TDY...Will sex be wierd?

OK, I've been on temporary duty (TDY) with the armed forces for a long time. If you watch the news or dont live in a cave then you know why. My girlfriend of five years is at my house in the US. We talk/email and generally I know what's going on in her life and she knows whats happening in mine.

My question is this; When I get home I'm gonna want to get my freak on ASAP. Have any of you been away from your partner for a long time? Was it weird when you came back? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Long time TDY...Will sex be wierd?

Originally posted by jmac2222
    OK, I've been on temporary duty (TDY) with the armed forces for a long time. If you watch the news or dont live in a cave then you know why. My girlfriend of five years is at my house in the US. We talk/email and generally I know what's going on in her life and she knows whats happening in mine.

My question is this; When I get home I'm gonna want to get my freak on ASAP. Have any of you been away from your partner for a long time? Was it weird when you came back? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    I would just begin where I left off. you didn't leave any babies over there did you?? J/K :D

Comment

I say go for it man. Don't beat around the bush.

Comment

Its not weird, I think theres more
        passion because you havent seen each other for a while.

Get your freak on!

Comment

This sounds like a virgin asking what sex is going to be like to me. LoL. Who asks if sex is going to be weird? What would be weird about it? lol

Comment

Is anyone involved a midget, dwarf or little person? Do you regularly employ the services of circus folk and carnies? Ever work in the "barnyard" if you know what I mean? Do you know the correct procedure for the "angry dragon" and/or "cleveland steamer" ?

If you answered YES to any of those questions, then yeah it may be a little weird....

Comment

Okay, I have been on deployments for over a year before and had to come back to a lady. They give the "returning home classes" in order to assist you in your re-assimilation into civilian culture. For those non-military types, this is standard practice.

Anyway, sex won't be weird. It won't. She'll let you know the pace she wants from the moment you return. Some women need time to get to know you again and it may take a little while, others want to throw down the second you arrive. Monitor her reactions and if all else fails then ask her before you return how she is feeling about it. Then you'll know whether or not to hurry home.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies.

No we dont have any babies.

Yes, after a year I do feel like a virgin. NOT LOL

No, not a midget, but that might be fun.

I think Scotland is the only one who understands what I'm getting at. How long until things go back to normal? Not really a question most of you can answer since you've never been away from away from your partner for 12 months.

Thanks anyway :)

Comment

Also, I should have been more clear in my question. Not really asking if the act of sex will be wierd. Sex is sex, and right now I could have sex with anything. What I'm asking is will the realtionship be wierd and how will that effect the sex in the relationship.

Comment

If she is living with you, and you take some leave, then maybe not so long as others. Remember she has been on her own, while you've been away so you can't go back in expecting things to be like old times. You have both changed and had different experiences, just focus on the prize, making the relationship work. It is best to observe how she has been running things and listen to what has been a challenge for her. Ask her if she wants you to take over the challenging items or assist her with them. Build the bridge. Sex has a way of closing the gaps but you still have to live with her. A woman needs a supportive relationship and if you cater to that concept everything else even sex flows like a river. Give it a couple of months, its worth not coming in and taking the military stance of "I'm here now. I'll handle everything." She has been handling it fine without G.I. Joe.

Comment

I am going to add this for an eye opener.

After a 6 month deployment to the Mediterranian a buddy of mine comes home to find that his lovely 120 pound wife is now 190 pounds. She damn near gained a whole other person. She had been depressed while he was gone. I can't imagine what it took for someone to add that kind of weight but at least your girl didn't do that! She never mentioned it while he was away.

Flash forward 1 year later and she was still packing those post deployment pounds. Tough for a woman who 5'5".

Comment

my hubbys in the military....no it won't be wierd, but I do get sore easier the first time after a LONG time not having any!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotland
                          I am going to add this for an eye opener.

After a 6 month deployment to the Mediterranian a buddy of mine comes home to find that his lovely 120 pound wife is now 190 pounds. She damn near gained a whole other person. She had been depressed while he was gone. I can't imagine what it took for someone to add that kind of weight but at least your girl didn't do that! She never mentioned it while he was away.

Flash forward 1 year later and she was still packing those post deployment pounds. Tough for a woman who 5'5".
                          :eek: Damn. Not saying that I wouldn't get used to it but, i'd be like WTF happened baby? It'd be like being with two new women. :D

Comment

[ I should have been more clear in my question. Not really asking if the act of sex will be wierd. Sex is sex, and right now I could have sex with anything. What I'm asking is will the realtionship be wierd and how will that effect the sex in the relationship.

Tell you what, sex is the best way to figure things out when you get home. If she's hot and heavy for you, she's probably been faithful. If she acts real guarded or uninterested, she might have been screwing around. If she knows a whole lot of new tricks she didn't know before you left, hit it, quit it, and bang her sister.

Comment

Working...
                            X