poisin ivy ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poisin ivy ...

alright, I do landscaping for summer work and I've gotten this crap for the third time now, I have it all up my thigh and its KILLING me, I've tried almost everything I know .. I just stratched it opened and rubbed salt in it (last resort) If anybody knows anyhting that works PLEASE help!

There's lotions and stuff out there like jewelweed and sumactin that can help you man. I found this shit online, don't know if it works though.

http://www.poisonivytreatment.com/

Comment

Bleach it. :D

Comment

I would imagine an antihistamine would help relieve at least a little of the itch. Try to keep it as dry as possible and STOP SCRATCHING! If you scratch in your sleep, put some socks on your hands. Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

ivy dry" Walgreens and scrub in warm shower with soap water don't break blisters open by scratching unless wash off asap or just spread,..
          use ivy dry after shower coats protects many dr's give out predisone.

Comment

For whatever reason I am not allergic to it, so I don't know what to tell you!

Comment

try to get rid of it before you roll in it bro.

Comment

Thx for the response, I'm actually very surprised how well opening it and rubbing salt in it work... hurt like hell but it's cleared up some :)

Comment

Don't let..

And just so everyone knows..

Poision ivy cannot be spread from one person to another except in VERY limited scenerios..

It is caused by an oil on the leaf of the plant.. That oil gets on your skin, and causes the bumps and itching.. So far so good.. The ONLY way to get it is from the oil of the plant.. Therefore, the only way to catch it from another person is to rub against a spot on their body that has the oil on it.. The thing is, the oil will be gone the first time you take a shower, and maybe even before you show the first symptom of the reaction.

The pus and shit that comes out of the wound.. Its just pus.. Its not the oil, and it CANNOT give you the reaction. Think about it, if it could, you would NEVER get rid of the shit.. You would keep infecting yourself over and over. Does not work like that.. You also can't spread it, except for when the oil is actually on your skin. Again, after the first shower, it cannot be spread.

Just some helpful information from someone who has been to the hospital a few times from that fucking plant.. Corisone shots.. mmmm.. So good.. Its gone in 12 hours.

Puma

Comment

Good info, Puma!

Comment

damn good read puma, like I said bro landscaping I get this shit all the time >:[

Comment

I seen many get from scrathing and spread all over.
                        I don't believe it don't spread from breaking open blisters

Comment

Hey listen....

When I was really young...5 or so, I got a REALLY bad case of posion ivy on my face and in my eye. My grandmother was told to use a VERY ripe banna peel (brown) and rub all the sticky stuff on my face. Do it a couple of times a day.... Dont laugh, it worked!

Comment

Working...
                          X