Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking you guys for a few prayers/positive thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking you guys for a few prayers/positive thoughts.

I have 2 friends who need some good karma right now.

One is my friend, Faith, she was on the board here for a bit when she had a working computer. Last week she developed a severe infection in her left breast and long story short, she is having her implants removed after fighting for 4 years with problems. The quack doctor who put the implants in originally did one corrective surgery on her and screwed her up even worse. She needs reconstructive surgery on the left one as it's become quite misshapen. She's scared. Surgery is tomorrow morning. She's coming over tonight with her dog and will stay here for a few days post-op since she lives alone. Wish her well please.

My other friend is going through more serious issues. We were best friends in high school, she's a good person and has had a run of bad luck for too long now. She just came out of surgery this morning, they did a biopsy of a 3cm spot on her lung and they are waiting for lab results but the doctors say it's cancer, they said it was too big to remove in this morning's procedure. She was in the hospital earlier this year for nearly a month fighting phneumonia and they didn't pick this up back then. She doesn't smoke. She survived 9-11 getting out of the building just before it crashed down and she was also there for the WTC bombing in 93 (they did x-rays of her lungs after that attack, I wonder why and if this cancer is related?). Her husband is not well either (has not been able to work for 2 yrs.) and they have 2 young kids. Please keep her in mind and hopefully they caught this before it spready anywhere else.

best wishes for your friends...

they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BW

Comment

Best wishes!

I wish the best to both of them.. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to make ourselves look perfect, we forget that other people just want to live another day..

My prayers will be with both of them.

Puma

Comment

Thanks guys. Faith's infection is pretty bad and really painful, swollen almost double the size of the other one. The dr. who sent her to the surgeon said if she'd have waited another 24 hrs. the infection probably would have spread into her bloodstream. She's so upset...this is what she looked like in January...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
          Thanks guys. Faith's infection is pretty bad and really painful, swollen almost double the size of the other one. The dr. who sent her to the surgeon said if she'd have waited another 24 hrs. the infection probably would have spread into her bloodstream. She's so upset...this is what she looked like in January...
          I was going to make a joke about the pic but this isn't the situation for it. My best wishes and prayers for both of your friends. We'll be rooting for them to pull through. Keep us updated on how things go.

Comment

Hope everything turns out alright.

We'll keep them in our thoughts.

Comment

damn, sorry to hear that Puddles my prayers are with both of them.

Comment

You and your friends are in my thoughts and prayers..

Comment

Will have them in my thoughts and prayers.

LD

Comment

i hope the best for them and they will be in my thoughts and prayers

Comment

Now I see what you were saying about her in the thread in Self-Care. Poor thing. It's a blessing that she saw a doc when she did, and nothing worse came out of it.

As for your other friend, my gosh- where would one begin to wish them well, and better luck in the future. On the flip side- it can only get better from here. Maybe she does have cancer, and may need treatment, but then maybe her husband will find work again. Maybe she doesn't have cancer.

That happened to a friend of ours. The doc took 3 biopsies from her skin, and told her he was 99% sure they were malignant. Turns out, not one of them were cancerous.

Stay well.

Comment

best wishes Mrsp :(

Comment

hope all goes wlel for your freidns mrs p

Comment

I will be praying for them tonight.

Comment

Thanks for your wishes. Faith is tucked into bed with her puppy and I hope she falls asleep soon. She's another one who's had it tough. One guy she was dating got pissed and burned her house down...she was left with nothing but the clothes on her back a year and a half ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X