need help with buying truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with buying truck!

I made a deposit on a 89 gmc sierra (100$) and buddy was asking for 2300$ now that did not inclued safety and some other test that needs to be done here in canada(E-test). Now i told him to go do all those test done to see if that passes and then I will buy it. Now he just came back with the results of the safety :(
    Needs a new gas tank
    needs front flex line
    needs front brake bads
    thats it! He told me if i get it now and do those on my own then he will chuck off 500$ So its now 1800$. he says its around that much it should cost for repair!
    should I just tell him to fix it himself and to spend his money on safety and then I will buy? or just take a chance and go for it??
    Dont want to get fucked on this one.

HELP!!!!:) :)

If you have a shop do it then it'll cost more than that. Brake pads and brake lines aren't too bad. Maybe $90 or so for the pads, maybe $40 or so for the front lines. The gas tank I don't know but i'm sure around $200 or so. Depends on how gear savvy you are. I'd do it since I know how, if you don't then I wouldn't waste my time on it. Probably will cost you more in the long run since you'll have to safety it again when you're done.

Comment

Pass..and stay friends.

Comment

Originally posted by comsquat
        Pass..and stay friends.
        What do you meen stay friends?? dont know the guy. I just called him buddy like an expresion. like "guy" offered me type a thing ya know:D

Comment

Working...
        X