Puddles and Stromba..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puddles and Stromba..

Keep us updated as to what is going on guys. I know the hurricane wall is just starting to hit the shores of florida. I heard they are going to cut the power to all the buisnesses but not homes. Keep safe guys.

Damn maybe they arent just turning the power off to buisnesses. I just read this:

Progress Energy will shut down to save power
    Friday, August 13, 2004
    Due to the projected storm surge and impact from Hurricane Charley, Progress Energy is shutting down power plants on Florida's west coast as a precautionary measure.

Flooding from storms can cause significant damage to power plants. By shutting down before a major storm surge, the company can secure the facility and limit the water damage so the plant is available after the storm passes to aid in restoring power to customers.

Some tips to remember:
    * If you have not been evacuated, conserve power by turning off unnecessary lights and applicances and setting your thermostat to the highest comfortable setting.

* If you evacuate, turn off your power at the circuit breaker panel or fuse box before you leave. This conserves power now, and protects your home and aids in restoration after the storm passes by limiting the amount of electricity needed when the power is restored.

Comment

Just upgraded to a Catagory 4 hurricane with winds of 145mph. They are shutting off electric and water to most areas. www.cnn.com

Comment

:(

Comment

Last I heard they think it is going to hit a little South of Tampa which would put them in a little bit better of a position as far as the storm force.

Comment

damn I didn't know it was a 4 now. Be safe everyone in FL!

Comment

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USL...=none&pid=none

Click the link for the radar view of Charley!

Comment

It looks like its going to hit Ft.Myers dead on.

Comment

We're gonna be out of the direct line of the hurricane but my mother is right where it's gonna make landfall, she lives 2 hrs. south of us. It does not look good at all. See my post on Stromba's thread.

Comment

Damn, hope all you Floridians make it through this ok.

LD

Comment

Looks like we are not gonna get much.

Any Bros in the Fort Meyers, Sarasota area ?

Comment

Working...
                      X