Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here are some pictures of what Charlie left in Punta Gorda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
    I agree bro but think about this for a sec. Your walking down the street and nobody is around. You look into the fire station and there lays a thousand dollars on the ground. Would you just walk right by it? Now, I wouldnt walk into an old womens torn up home and take her ring that her husband bought her before he died because that has sentimental value. You see what im saying?
    So you're pretty much saying that you're a looter. Appliances, Money, and other property are all fair game, just not sentimental items in your book. Remind me to call you when I need help moving. :D

Comment

I agree bro but think about this for a sec. Your walking down the street and nobody is around. You look into the fire station and there lays a thousand dollars on the ground. Would you just walk right by it? Now, I wouldnt walk into an old womens torn up home and take her ring that her husband bought her before he died because that has sentimental value. You see what im saying?

Walking down the street and seeing a thousand dollars in a firestation Is allot different then going out in the middle of a storm when it is pouring down rain and the wind in blowing hard as hell and taking something that is put in place to help others. And I would not take the money and keep it my self i would pick it up and hand it over to the right people.

Comment

wow, terrible storm to say the least. glad to hear your mother is ok Mrsp

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
          So you're pretty much saying that you're a looter. Appliances, Money, and other property are all fair game, just not sentimental items in your book. Remind me to call you when I need help moving. :D
          Im saying money just laying on the ground in a building that has been demolished would be hard to pass up. I wouldnt walk into a wrecked home and take a laidies purse if thats what your asking.

Comment

Im saying money just laying on the ground in a building that has been demolished would be hard to pass up. I wouldnt walk into a wrecked home and take a laidies purse if thats what your asking.
            I knew what ya meant bro. Just busting your balls a little. :D I tried to be all holy roller and passed up on a wad of cash a long time ago. Still kicking myself to this day. :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
              I knew what ya meant bro. Just busting your balls a little. :D I tried to be all holy roller and passed up on a wad of cash a long time ago. Still kicking myself to this day. :confused:
              You did the right thing and what goes around comes around.

No matter what it is that you find laying around, it belongs to someone. Weather it's a person or a company, it should be returned to them. If I saw something of value or some cash during a disaster, I would only take it to hold on to it until it could be returned to the rightful owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                You did the right thing and what goes around comes around.

No matter what it is that you find laying around, it belongs to someone. Weather it's a person or a company, it should be returned to them. If I saw something of value or some cash during a disaster, I would only take it to hold on to it until it could be returned to the rightful owner.
                Yea, i'm a big karma junky like you. Seems like karma has made me a big puss though. Like when I feel someone has done me wrong and I should just smash on em, then I think about karma. Especially in a situation you're in, I would find it hard to be doing people dirty. Seems like karma is really kicking me in the ass lately though, no idea why. Really good to hear that your mom's ok too. I was getting pretty depressed for ya.

Comment

About this whole karma and doing the right thing tangent, I've noticed that every time I do something bad, I get punished within a couple of days. Three times in the past 10 years I've done something that could be construed as 'bad'. Each time, I've managed to lock my keys in my car within a day or two. That's karma.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                    About this whole karma and doing the right thing tangent, I've noticed that every time I do something bad, I get punished within a couple of days. Three times in the past 10 years I've done something that could be construed as 'bad'. Each time, I've managed to lock my keys in my car within a day or two. That's karma.
                    It's funny how things work out sometimes. Next time you do something bad watch out...I'll find out and come over with my whip. :whip:

;)

What's killing me now is the scammers that are taking advantage of the situation. My mom's been on the phone with some friends and insurance companies and there are already scammers in the area with fake credentials telling the old people they have to pay $500 in cash so they can process the claims. These people are good at deception, the woman who works at the insurance co. got scammed out of over $6,000 in Andrew. People will say they're going to do certain repairs but require some payment upfront...then you never see them again. Bastards.

Red, no damage in our area, the day of the storm we had rain for only a few minutes, not even a typical summer storm. However, just a little bit away near Orlando, they got hit bad. I talked to Ronb from SBI and his house got it bad...the whole area where he is got hit, no power, trees down, houses torn apart. Fortunately he is ok but his house got some damage. They'll be without power for who knows how long. The loss of power in Andrew took 3 months to recover. But it also took something like 6 days before it was declared a disaster area. Hopefully they'll be able to do things faster with Charlie.
                    Last edited by Puddles; 08-17-04, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X