Paul Hamm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Hamm

I'll have to say US's chances for ANY medal in the Men's all- around gymnastics were looking pretty dismal and non-existent last night after Paul Hamm's disaster on the vault. Brett McClure got hose w/ a 9.165 on the rings....

It was probably one of the best sports moments in my lifetime that I have ever seen when Paul's trainers were trying to tell him he actually won the gold medal. I had all kinds of goosebumps!

Another noteworthy mention was the women's freestyle relay!

McClure was being graded on a 9.5 starting. He needed a 9.562 or something so it was pretty much futile to even try. I was on the can with habanero diarrhea while hamm was doing his high bar routine so I didn't see what he pulled off, but seems he got damn lucky with the judges. Good thing coughlin passed on the 200m, otherwise the three other girls wouldn't be sporting gold right now.

Comment

im with you girl that was great our women blowin up the world record. and pauls comeback. its funny how badd you want someone to win and you dont even know the guy/girl!

Comment

Agreed Red, it was an amazing come back by Paul - I thought it was over big time, but just kept on watching and then, holy shit, he won the whole f'n show!

Props to that kid, really shows what determination and "never give up" means,

DrG

Comment

Originally posted by drgoodbody

Props to that kid, really shows what determination and "never give up" means,

DrG
          EXACTLY. It really shows how mentally tough he really is. To completely separate himself from the vault disaster, and come back and NAIL his last two events is as commendable as his athletic ability.

Comment

he is lucky the Koreans and Chinese dudes all had major mistakes too.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D.
              he is lucky the Koreans and Chinese dudes all had major mistakes too.
              I almost feel bad for the chinese dude. Silver at sydney and now seventh. The pressure must have been on for him to get gold. Good to see hamm up there instead though.

Comment

The radio was making fun of Paul this morning for his voice vs. body. They were comparing him to Mike Tyson and how they look like a badass until they speak and all else stops for that moment while everyone asks themself, "What the hell?"

Comment

He sounds worse than tyson to me My GAYDAR was going crazy watching him

Comment

u got buitl ing aydar LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X