Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US gymnast Paul Hamm should not have won gold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US gymnast Paul Hamm should not have won gold.

The judges fucked up, he should not have been the gold medal winner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I thought it was ridiculous that he won after that wipe-out.

Comment

who fucking cares i was wathcing the boxing and i ah dto turn it off the shit is so horribly scored that iw as gettin pissed off not to mention i dotn give a shit about these piss ant countries fuck them and fuck the olympics

Comment

Originally posted by njjuicer
        who fucking cares i was wathcing the boxing and i ah dto turn it off the shit is so horribly scored that iw as gettin pissed off not to mention i dotn give a shit about these piss ant countries fuck them and fuck the olympics
        You dont give a shit about the US?

Comment

apparently there was a counting error; some judge unfairly ( whatever that means in the olympics ) gave a Soth Korean athlete a socre that was 0.10 less than what it should have been. So had that not happened, this south Korean athlete would have been the overall winner. so the IOC may be giving 2 gold medals- rather than asking buddy to give his back...

does this shit at the olypics ever end? the judges sometimes suck at these subjective events.

how is the overall champ calculated anyway? is the best and worst scored events thrown out and they take the average? if so, then this is perhaps how the American won. if i get interested in it at all, i'll look it up

Comment

" Teams may make an "inquiry" about a start value, but it must be done no later than one event after the routine in question, according to gymnastics rules. "

what kind of stupid rule is this? if you are 10 seconds too late, then nothing can be done?

South Korea failed to lodge it's protest in time, so the scoring could not be redone, but the south Koreans did object to the scoring as soon as the routine was over and were told by the judges to file a protest letter after the meet. as opposed to at that time (after the event) "

is this just incompetence on part of the officals, stupidity or some team getting the rug pulled out from under them.

Comment

Talk about fucked up scoring...remember when Roy Jones lost in Seoul Korea? That was the worst scoring error ever!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                You dont give a shit about the US?
                noasshole im pro usa as much as any other american who loves this palce i dont give shit about this crap y sprting events to "bring each country together" or whatevere the fuck they try to accomplish its a fuckin waste everyone always ahs discrepencies theres always problems like isreali judop player who wouldnt play the other guy frm his coutnry and this crap with miscoring how do u mis score? its opion isnt it? its fuckin rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR
                  I like watching them ..its 5:30 and Im watching the softball game ..I know you'd rather watch the 'PIMP OLYMPICS " nj ...:D
                  whata tool :D

Comment

He did a good highbar routine though. the 3 releases consecutivly looked amazing. It is still the hardest sport out there IMO

Comment

ANY SPORT THAT DEPENDS ON A WINNER OR LOSER BEING DETERMINED BY THE VIEWS OF A JUDGE(S) SHOULD BE BANNED!!! It should be who can run the fastest, jump the highest, jump the longest, etc., etc.--the winner is only judged by their performance that is measurable. Just like that skating fiasco in the Winter Games over the skaters. It's bullshit to hang your hopes on the whims of crooked judges. Every judge there scores higher for one of their countrymen than they do for the other competition. BB

Comment

Originally posted by bonebreaker
                        ANY SPORT THAT DEPENDS ON A WINNER OR LOSER BEING DETERMINED BY THE VIEWS OF A JUDGE(S) SHOULD BE BANNED!!! It should be who can run the fastest, jump the highest, jump the longest, etc., etc.--the winner is only judged by their performance that is measurable. Just like that skating fiasco in the Winter Games over the skaters. It's bullshit to hang your hopes on the whims of crooked judges. Every judge there scores higher for one of their countrymen than they do for the other competition. BB
                        well i dont think gymnastics should be banned but i agree about the judges. did you see the rings last night. the greek guy one and definitly should not have.

Comment

Yeah the problem with judges in gymnastics is that there is no way they can be 100% perfect everytime, things just go to quick to be able to pick up everything.

Comment

Comon Bouncer. What do you know about judging gymnastics, LOL. I bet you don't even know what rules they use to judge by. Yes, the Korean was started out at a 9.9 when he should have started out as a 10.0 but he still would not have won gold if you allowed the review of the tape where they caught that error. He made another error that wasn't caught by the judges but was picked up on tape. Only three grips are allowed during the routine and he did four. The judges missed that. The standard deduction for that error is 0.2 points, which more than makes up for the 0.1 points he missed through the judges' previous error. Hamm STILL would have won gold.

He won because against all odds, he made up the ground he lost by falling by performing superbly in subsequent routines. He fought hard for that gold and deserves it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                              well i dont think gymnastics should be banned but i agree about the judges. did you see the rings last night. the greek guy one and definitly should not have.
                              My point exactly! Happens way too often. Imagine that you were playing baseball, for example, and you hit a a tater to win the game in the bottom of the ninth and some judge said it didn't count. The gymnast who lost last night will live with the fact that he really won, but didn't get what he deserved. Judges, Bah, Humbug!!

Comment

Working...
                              X