Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Canada - World Cup of Hockey

I got goosebumps when I read this...now this is what I call a dream team:

The five forward lines stayed the same for a second straight day at Team Canada's World Cup training camp: Mario Lemieux between Martin St. Louis and Brad Richards, Joe Sakic centring Simon Gagne and Jarome Iginla, Joe Thornton between Dany Heatley and Patrick Marleau, Kris Draper centring the Grind Line between Kirk Maltby and Shane Doan, and Vincent Lecavalier between Ryan Smyth and Brenden Morrow.

On defense, Scott Niedermayer, veteran Adam Foote, Wade Redden, Ed Jovanovski, Eric Brewer, Jay Bouwmeester, Scott Hannan, and Robin Regehr.

Goaltenders are Martin Brodeur, Jose Theodore, and Roberto Luongo.

Just looking at the players who will most likely not even dress for most games (Lecavalier, Smyth, Morrow, Hannan, Bouwmeester) tells you how deep this team is.

Team USA is laden with geezers and weak in goal, Russia is weak in goal...as are the Swedes. It's looking good for Team Canada.

Yikes... that is some team! Is Scott Stevens hurt? He's got to be worth his weight in gold in a North American rink.

Comment

Scott Stevens is indeed hurt....didn't play nearly all of last year. Post-concussion syndrome.

Comment

Jesus Christ I hope I can get some of the games on cable. That lineup is sick. The 3 best goalies in the world. The US team seems a be a mess.

Comment

Working...
        X