I need to find a new gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find a new gym

The gym I go to is a large corporate chain that seems to cater to people who are not really serious about their workouts. This is not to say that there are not those who are dedicated but for the most part it seems like there is a lot more socializing and taking up space going on than anything else. Anyway I was in there this morning and there were only about 10 people including myself in the free-weight area. I look around and five of them are on their fucking cell phones! What is the point of getting up in the morning and going to the gym if all you are going to do is talk on the phone? I wish they would ban them on the gym floor.
    So I keep on with my work out and this guy comes in... At least 60 years old with a huge fucking Motley Crue tat on his shoulder!!! The kicker was he was also sporting a nice DOC ankle bracelet. I got a good laugh out of that one...made me feel better about all the phones. Anyway, I still hate my gym but it only cost $19/month and I have about 10 to choose from. I think I am going to start looking around at some other ones.

I hate it too, but as long as it doesn't effect my workout then i'm cool. If these fools are taking up machines, weights, or benches that i'm using, then I will justify spending the extra bread to go to a different gym. Every where you go, you're gonna find these types, just how many is the question.

Comment

As long as they don't interfere with your workout by tying up equipment, put your blinders on, don't worry about anyone else, finish your workout and get out. If they gym works for you in the most important ways (cost, accessibility, right equipment), I woundn't change.....

Comment

Working...
      X